Sign in to follow this  
edjahman

NAS storage

I bought a Buffalo Terastation 1 TB. NAS and I have not even opened it yet. After reading some opinions about it I am not sure if I even want to. Does anyone out there use one of these or have an opinion about large capacity redundant networked storage? I understand that the company Infrant offers better solutions then Buffalo.

Thanks.

-EJM

Guest Kobalt

I haven't used that unit, but are you looking for NAS storage, or would something like a SATA HD cage work ok? You can hotswap the drives. Check into stuff from Icy Dock. If you have a spare machine, you can make your own NAS unit pretty cheap...

http://www.icydock.com/home.htm Check out something like the MB454...

I bought a Buffalo Terastation 1 TB. NAS and I have not even opened it yet. After reading some opinions about it I am not sure if I even want to. Does anyone out there use one of these or have an opinion about large capacity redundant networked storage? I understand that the company Infrant offers better solutions then Buffalo.

Thanks.

-EJM

why would there be anything wrong with it?

send a pm to memoryman as he is Bruce @ Buffalo Tech and he can answer any specific questions about that Terrastation.

I've had a lot of great Buffalo products over the years...HIGHLY recommended.

Sign in to follow this