Stuttering In 3D Apps

I've got stutering in 3D MArk 03, most notably Wings of Fury, and Prey. I just built this new rig. I had this Video card, memory, PSU on an Infinity NF4X with a Newark 4000+, and I had no problem. At first I thought it was the memory, as it was originally crashing and freezing. I adjusted my DRAM Data Drive Strength from 2 to 4 (using A64Info) and my Bypass Max from 4X to 7X, and the BSOD and freezing cleared up, but I couldn't get rid of the stuttering. I tried lowering the clock, increasing and decreasing memory voltage, etc. I put in my trusty TCCD sticks, and it continued to stutter, so I'm thinking its not the memory. Could be the board I guess, or maybe my card is failing. Anyone got any tips to help me figure out where the problem lies?

Update. Just ran 3D Mark 06. It made it through, though I can't tell if it was stuttering, frame rate too slow. However, deep freeze in this is regarded as one of the tests that will show if your video card is having problems I think.

I've got stutering in 3D MArk 03, most notably Wings of Fury, and Prey. I just built this new rig. I had this Video card, memory, PSU on an Infinity NF4X with a Newark 4000+, and I had no problem. At first I thought it was the memory, as it was originally crashing and freezing. I adjusted my DRAM Data Drive Strength from 2 to 4 (using A64Info) and my Bypass Max from 4X to 7X, and the BSOD and freezing cleared up, but I couldn't get rid of the stuttering. I tried lowering the clock, increasing and decreasing memory voltage, etc. I put in my trusty TCCD sticks, and it continued to stutter, so I'm thinking its not the memory. Could be the board I guess, or maybe my card is failing. Anyone got any tips to help me figure out where the problem lies?

Update. Just ran 3D Mark 06. It made it through, though I can't tell if it was stuttering, frame rate too slow. However, deep freeze in this is regarded as one of the tests that will show if your video card is having problems I think.

Try updating your chipset drivers. I had a problem with that, right when I had my nF3 250GB board and a 3700+ Newark. Games were stuttering, Low 3DMark Scores and just all around lackluster performance.

After trying everything I could think of to get the performance I was looking for, I finally uninstalled the Chipset drivers and used newer ones. After that, my 3DMark scores skyrocketed and games stopped stuttering.

I hope this helps you the way it helped me. :)

EDIT: Also, keep Max Async Latency and Read Preamble on AUTO. That helped me greatly with stability with my Newark Chip. Unfortunately, the Newark Chips clock like crazy, but the Memory controllers on them are so friggin' picky that it can be a chore to get them to work they way you want 'em to.

I think i have found the problem. After 2 weeks of chasing a hardware issue, I decided to look at software. I tried to remember what is different about this install compared to the one I had on my Newark/Infinity install. One of the things I thought of was that I had not installed a patch for Prey before, its new. I uninstalled Prey and reinstalled, but did not load the patch. The problem seems to be solved. Hopefully, my initial testing success will continue.