Sign in to follow this  
mrzeld

VGA Cooler - Thermalright HR-03

i dont think i would ever run a modern graphics card with any kind of passive cooling (no matter what the manf. claims). but put a silent 120mm fan on this and it would probably do really well. notice the two "outside" heatpipes, they come from the block, through the heatinks, curve back around and go back through the outer part of the heatinks. that is a pretty long heatpipe!

Probably need some RAM sinks too, no?
i assumed that is a given. there is nothing here cooling the front side of the graphics card so your memory will need seperate cooling.

looks very slim, would be great to mod for a HTPC. Wonder what the temps would be like on a CPU @ 1.4X volts.

its for VGA.........

and for this thing to be succesful, it has to have nice pricing....... for many reasons... im too tired to type them all.....

@wangerin: we have the same amount of posts now lol

It'll go well with the SI-128, and HR-05. Now people can have a thermalright themed case :D

GPU from ATI and Nvidia. In our own test lab, we ran the HR-03 passively without a fan on a Nvidia 7950GT against the stock cooler and it performed shoulder to shoulder with stock cooling.

Yeah but one of the 7950GTs is passively cooled, the XFX.

Actually the heatsink is designed to have air from the CPU heatsink blow on it so it is a pseudo passive heatsink. Kind of a joke really but I guess worth some bragging rights a very low speed 90MM fan would do the job beter with no extra noise and less work making sure you got the airflow. From what I read heatsinks came with the cooler and added bonus it can be up or down position so you can use it in Crossfire/SLI.

I would be ordering one right now if I did not suspect an "Ultra" version was in the pipeline.

Kind of a joke really but I guess worth some bragging rights a very low speed 90MM fan would do the job beter with no extra noise and less work making sure you got the airflow.

I was pretty sure I could make out notches on the cooler, presumably for the purpose of mounting clips for a fan similar to the clips on the SI-120 or XP-90.