Watercooling Woes, no post.

Urok

Well then, ah, where shall I start... Went to the liberty of going through a complete accessory overhaul + improved watercooling. Thermaltake MozartTx case and swiftech apogee and their chipset and VGA waterblocks, among lots of other things. In any case, while installing everything, I forgot to tie down a hose connected to the CPU block, so I tried to pull it off. Unfortunately, I pulled off the CPU too which was locked in the socket at the time. The socket _seemed_ undamaged, but as for the Opteron 165, many pins were bent. In the end, I was able to save all of them except one, which broke off when trying to bend back. I looked up the pinout of 939 and the lost pin was a ground. Anyways, I finish assembling everything and the system is whisper quiet. Whats wrong though? No post. 4 LEDs (DFI Expert board) remained lit and no beep. I tried reseating many things, and still no go. I ordered another 165 from monarch (Cheap!). Still no post. I order another Expert board from newegg with next day shipping. Plop it in, put in old Opty 165 with 938 pins, no post 4 LEDs. Put in new Opty 165. No post 4 LEDs... Help... I've been sitting on a Celeron 533MHz machine for the past 2 weeks.

Watercooling. Should I use stock?

Yeah I would suggest building everything on stock cooling and getting it stable then moving over to water...it will make things a lot less painful...

Use the build guide and make sure you have all power connections and so on...

Ok, this is very annoying. I cannot unscrew one of the screws holding the backplate onto my 7900GTX. It's already been stripped. The screw is too flat to turn with pliers and I dont want to ruin the rest of the set or video card by drilling. Some help?

THANKS! #1 worked wonders. Will work a bit further when I feel like it. Oh, and my VGA waterblock also got ramsinks. Are they needed? Can the GDDR3 run fine without heatsinks? They've been running at 1700MHz before on air with the stock 7900 GTX HSF

THANKS! #1 worked wonders. Will work a bit further when I feel like it. Oh, and my VGA waterblock also got ramsinks. Are they needed? Can the GDDR3 run fine without heatsinks? They've been running at 1700MHz before on air with the stock 7900 GTX HSF

Great!

Yes, absolutely use those RAM sinks. I'm sure you know this, but I'll reiterate- Heat kills electronics.

A word of caution regarding those RAM sinks- Use a good thermal adhesive to attach them. You DO NOT want a RAM sink falling off and shorting something!

Actually, I just noticed that the 7900GT, just about the same as the 7900GTX doesnt have any cooling on the ram. Even the EVGA Signature series doesnt have RAM cooling. It should be ok not to use the ramsinks I'd imagine.