Sign in to follow this  
wevsspot

Bf2 Players Thread

most servers its your preference how high/low the ping kick is.. i only ping 100ish to your servers, as i said last night, i dont mind playing on em if someone else finds them :P

The main problem we seem to have at the moment is world times and i believe having our own server will help this issue, sooner the better, so I think if those who have the resources to provide a server can post the possible spec it can give us a better idea of what we have to play with.

Ive wanted to setup a server for a while and i have just taken delivery of a server board dual skt462, if anyone can help please use this thread

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67456

The main problem we seem to have at the moment is world times and i believe having our own server will help this issue, sooner the better, so I think if those who have the resources to provide a server can post the possible spec it can give us a better idea of what we have to play with.

Ive wanted to setup a server for a while and i have just taken delivery of a server board dual skt462, if anyone can help please use this thread

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67456

DuTcH,

Do you have a PayPal account? If so PM with the details and I'll make the first contribution to the server fund.

The clan tag for dfi on patrol is [DFI] so switch today. any help setting prefix up, just ask.

Also as wevsspot has already mentioned we have been allowed to use the dfi name, and it would be bad for the clan to be known for cheating, laming, and otherwise causing offence. SO lets keep it clean out there guys and wear the [DFI] tag with pride.

We still get to pillage their women and rape their cattle, no? :eek:

We still get to pillage their women and rape their cattle, no? :eek:

umm, yeah why not!! and if your as good as me you can provide entertaining target practice as well.

was about to purchase the BF2 + SF but someone told me BF2 allow 2 player on da same server with the same key.. is it true? if true, can i get hold of sole right to the series key or i'll never know?

PS: can someone teach me abt CST? i know CST is 6 hours behind of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and that all. Universal time is america timing or GMT? Singapore is GMT - 8hrs. Sorry for my noob qns, its a small country here, we have 0 time differ.

was about to purchase the BF2 + SF but someone told me BF2 allow 2 player on da same server with the same key.. is it true? if true, can i get hold of sole right to the series key or i'll never know?

PS: can someone teach me abt CST? i know CST is 6 hours behind of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and that all. Universal time is america timing or GMT? Singapore is GMT - 8hrs. Sorry for my noob qns, its a small country here, we have 0 time differ.

Wow, it's kind of hard to explain, as you are across the date line too, but 'dates' aside, this is how it works.

Wevsspot will post times coordinated to CDT and GMT/UTC (GMT and UTC are the same, GMT means Greenwich Mean Time and is in England).

You are not -8hrs, as far as I know, you are PLUS 8 hours of the next date as far as GMT is concerned. I am minus 8 hours on the same date because we haven't crossed the international date line. In the following example I'll try and make it as simple as possible (considering it took me a long time to figure it out):

Wevsspot says, let's play at 7PM CDT Wednesday, and he will post: 7PM CDT (1900 hours) (converting to military time, 1200 noon plus 7 hours) and 0100GMT/UTC Thursday (he or whoever wants to game will post BOTH local and GMT time. For you, after converting, would be 0900 hours/9AM in Singapore the next day, Friday. Take a look at this link, and you will get the idea. Remember, first convert to military time, like 0800 hours or 3PM like 1200 plus 3 = 1500 hours. Then, add or subtract depending where you are on the planet.

Look at this link for help. http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter.htm

and others, just search for gmt conversion.

Here's a good map of the timezones of the world: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Timezones_optimized.png

um, dont share your key?

BF2 security wise is pretty tight i haven't heard of anyone using it as you suggested in your post, don't be such a cheap butt and buy a legit. copy:)

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

lolz i am getting a legit copy but its almost brand new second hand. If i grab a first hand it gonna cost me 50 to 60 USD for both BF2 and SF where as in singapore the secondhand copy of BF2 and SF gonna cost me 20 to 25 USD.. That why i wanna check whether i'll gain the sole rights to the second hand BF2 i'm going to purchase.

Wow, it's kind of hard to explain, as you are across the date line too, but 'dates' aside, this is how it works.

Wevsspot will post times coordinated to CDT and GMT/UTC (GMT and UTC are the same, GMT means Greenwich Mean Time and is in England).

You are not -8hrs, as far as I know, you are PLUS 8 hours of the next date as far as GMT is concerned. I am minus 8 hours on the same date because we haven't crossed the international date line. In the following example I'll try and make it as simple as possible (considering it took me a long time to figure it out):

Wevsspot says, let's play at 7PM CDT Wednesday, and he will post: 7PM CDT (1900 hours) (converting to military time, 1200 noon plus 7 hours) and 0100GMT/UTC Thursday (he or whoever wants to game will post BOTH local and GMT time. For you, after converting, would be 0900 hours/9AM in Singapore the next day, Friday. Take a look at this link, and you will get the idea. Remember, first convert to military time, like 0800 hours or 3PM like 1200 plus 3 = 1500 hours. Then, add or subtract depending where you are on the planet.

Look at this link for help. http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter.htm

and others, just search for gmt conversion.

Here's a good map of the timezones of the world: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:T..._optimized.png

ok thanks i'll read up the webbie, i understand abt the GMT but kinda lost between the CDT n CST and converting it to GMT... Correct me if i'm wrong, CST is 6 hrs behind GMT so if someone post a game at 1000hrs CST which = 1600hrsGMT and on top of it i gotta add 8 hrs to 1600hrs GMT to get my local time(0000hrs) right? and i still gotta get into consideration that singapore is a day ahead. RIght? and wat abt the CDT? Quite cant really get the daylight saving thingie. it 2 hrs slower right?

lolz still gotta get into consideration that singapore is a day ahead. RIght? and wat abt the CDT? Quite cant really get the daylight saving thingie. it 2 hrs slower right?

The only thing you will convert is Wevsspots GMT time. Don't worry about CDT PST or whatever, you will take the GMT and work from there.

On the subject of keys. A lot depends on whether the original purchaser of the game registered the game and created a game account with the CD key that came with the product.

For EA, I believe that the original purchaser can request that his/her account be deleted "freeing" up the existing key code and account. I'll have to research that one a little more.

And I'd like to make a shout out to dutch and infekted one for all of the extra time, effort and money they are putting into this project. Please feel free to contact them and make donations as you see fit.

Thanks guys.