Bf2 Players Thread

wevsspot

In a couple of different places around the Street I've found a fairly good interest in BF2. And we have been kicking around getting some of our forum members together and playing on a squad.

I got a PM from another forum member earlier today asking about it again.

This thread is to gauge interest in forming a DFI squad or DFI-Street squad (I'll ask HG for permission before using the DFI-Street) in a squad name though.

So my main questions are;

1. Is there enough interest in forming a BF2 squad consisting of DFI Street forum members or DFI motherboard users?

2. Any suggestions for a squad name?

3. What is everyone's favorite and most used VoiP application?

4. Does anyone have a spare PC to dedicate as a server?

5. Would there be enough interest to pitch in for a remote online server?

All thoughts, suggestions, ideas etc. are welcome and appreciated.

Per the excellent suggestion by Dr. Evil :) I am going to start and maintain a listing of Xfire BF2 squad members. Here goes;

Rake.png

Cuoficr.png

infektedONE.png

wevsspot.png

jachyra007.png

Gashmunkie.png

evilrazclairtsberry.png

eelemus.png

Anopsa.png

cun1t.png

redbeaver.png

superslant6.png

All subject matter relating to the [DFI] Gaming Clan, BF2, CS:S etc. has been moved over to the following thread; http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67923

All questions, requests for membership, pertinent comments or contributions etc. should be posted over at the thread linked above.

Thank you.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well theres nothing stopping it from starting easy where you can just join random servers, create a squad and play! nothing stopping people from playing both really is there ? :P

i use ventrilo as i said in a previous post prefer it so much over TS the sound is so much more crisp.. my css clan has a 64 player vent server people can use fo a bit of fun :P it wouldnt be difficult to pay for a server, but thats another step all together.. i think the first step is to just get on a server and have a bit of fun :)

Ok.

We can just start small and join random servers or host our own games. I'll setup a server tonight 6:00pm CST. Server name will be DFI-ST unless HG opposes use of the tag. I've emailed and asked for permission. For anyone that has yahoo IM, my user name is wevsspot. Look me up and ring me if you have any trouble joining the server. Or PM me here and I'll keep my laptop handy too.

If we get enough interest I may throw together a rig just to serve, but I don't really have ton of bandwidth for really large games, 1.5mb down and 512kb up.

If that's not working so well we'll go find a random server to play on.

Cheers.

Keep the ideas coming though.

Ok, sorry guys. Server didn't go up as planned. I'm having some 3D instability problems with this new set of Mushkin Redlines. Can pass Memtest and Prime for 13+ hours but 3DMark06 and BF2 keep freezing up on me.

I'll try and get the server going this weekend.

Sorry.

The 2142 demo is out on ea downloader(as well as other places) :) - i just got done playing for a bit. IMO it didn't "suck butt"- granted the demo is a bit limited, but heck it's a demo. I've already pre-ordered my copy-

I think it captures the look and feel of BF 1&2, and has a lot of potential for some serious team play. Just going to take some getting used to- different weapons and all.

Just post the IP & Port Wev i'll jump in

And 2142 is awful, when you compare it to BF2 forget about it. Even the BF2 demo was better than it. What the hell ever happened to Novalogic they were leading the pack with the Delta force line. I had all those games right up until Joint Ops which sucked big time and now 2142 has done the same. Same with everything now the advertising just raises expectations and then there is the letdown when it comes out. I don't think BF2 for realism can be beaten with any game nowadays, 2142 made me realize how good BF2 actually is.

oh no not another 2142 bashing thread?

with out a doubt on 2142 in titan mode lan party is gonna be hilarious

right i suggest all hookin up on xfire so we can guage how much interest there is in a dfistreet clan or whatever and go from there

infektedONE is my username add to friends and see you on the killing floor