Sign in to follow this  
jayiskorean

New Board... another problem

I just got a LanParty UT nF4 SLI-DR (upgrade? from Ultra-D)

The Ultra-D I had I messed up trying to mod it into a SLI.. :(

So I just bought the SLI-DR.. now the problem is that I'm getting 3 LEDS no beeps or anything. 3 LEDs = RAM problem, but when I test my RAM on another board, it works fine.

So what's the problem?

Also, the first time I boot the system up it worked. Only problem being that when I went into BIOS all that was on the screen was "Phoenix" and nothing else, and it would just freeze up. I got the problem several times over again, so I did a CMOS clear. After the CMOS clear, no boot. :(

Any help please?

Did you do the 24hrs clear, or just the short clears? It can really make a difference - i've even heard of someones coming back from the dead after a 72hr clear!?

Did you unplug your power supply from the wall socket and reset the rocker switch on the back? Also, press your Case power button several times to discharge any remaining power.

Dutch: I was in SLI mode but I changed it back to normal with just one video card instead of 2.

Kingfisher: I never took the power plug out of the wall. I'll do that as soon as I get back home.

Thanks for all the replys.

Guest Kobalt

Try only 1 stick of RAM, and try different slots. Also hold down insert key on powerup.

Kobalt: Yea, I've tried all the different slots with just 1 stick of RAM. Same thing everytime.

I also hold the insert key everytime, but I never hear a beep even when my speaker is set on, so I never get a chance to press delete afterwards :(