Sign in to follow this  
CosmicRain

Troubleshooting help - 7800GT

Ok well A little while back I noticed some fps drops in performance but never really looked into. Now I am and man, something is serious messed up. I'm on the latest drivers and my core/mem frequencies are all set at their normal settings. Have never OC'd this card.

In cs:s I get about 40-50fps(used to get max), in AoE3 I get 15fps (used to be around 30-40fps), in oblivion it's around 15-30fps.

I ran a AQ'03 test and this is what I got.

messedzp3.th.jpg

5k in GPU

12k CPU

46k total

It used to be almost 12k each and 80k total.

Btw temps have been nothing but great. 40C idle 50-60c load

Does anyone have any ideas on what my problem could be and/or what I could do to fix it? Idk if I can RMA because it doesn't seem like anythings wrong with it physically, like it plays games fine just not up to what it used to be.

I have turned off v-sync and in CS:S I'll get 100fps now. Idk wtf was wrong with this, but I don't want to run without v-sync bc I get tearing. So I'm not really solving my problem.

XFX support said it's probably not a part of the ram going bad or something like that.

If all your scores have returned back to normal then I would say you have solved your problem. Is it possible you just thought you had vsync on before???

well ran aq03 (note I haven't changed anything execpt turn off v-sync in CS:S) and got 8k for gpu and 12k for cpu (60k total)

this is wierd.