Sign in to follow this  
mattw

Antec NeoHE 500W PSU and DFI mobos?

does the PSU work okay with the DFI mobos? i have an DFI LP nF4 Ultra-d and i have read several places (googles + search function) that have plenty problems and some working okay?

anyone here have this combo? and its working okay? or anyone know this is a pants combo?

thanks a lot.

would getting a Hiper or Tagan PSU be better? its just ive ordered the Neo and can cancel if needed. I have had a look at the DFI recommended list and I have and Antec now and not had any problems.

Take a look at the recommeded PSU list. If it's not on here - then you shouldn't even be considering it... I personally like the FSP FX600/700 and the OCZ GameXtreme's (which are actually manufactured by FSP)

That ATI card you have would appear to be more than a match for your power supply. I would second ganders75 recommendation for a fortron or OCZ PSU.

If nothing else, these power supplies would assure you of clean stable power. It is never worth trying to weasle by with a lesser unit.

does the PSU work okay with the DFI mobos? i have an DFI LP nF4 Ultra-d and i have read several places (googles + search function) that have plenty problems and some working okay?

anyone here have this combo? and its working okay? or anyone know this is a pants combo?

thanks a lot.

would getting a Hiper or Tagan PSU be better? its just ive ordered the Neo and can cancel if needed. I have had a look at the DFI recommended list and I have and Antec now and not had any problems.

H_G is testing one now & it seems to be working very well. :)

I've been using an oldschool NeoPower 480w for a while now and don't have any stability issues or anything. The psu may be limiting my OCing, but I can get to 2.4 which is a decent boost from 1.8 :D

The 550W version of that psu is powering everything in my rig quite nicely. I havent had any stability problems other than incorrect bios settings (still kinda learning my way around). I tested the rails with a DMM and they are all within spec so im not worried.

Its not a recommended PSU (not on the list) but its been solid for me.

I've been using an oldschool NeoPower 480w for a while now and don't have any stability issues or anything. The psu may be limiting my OCing, but I can get to 2.4 which is a decent boost from 1.8 :D
It probably is, the life expectancy of these in a highend system seems to be about 2yrs or less. ;)

I have to say that I've had previous experience with Antec psu's, and they were....well...nothing that I would write anything positive about for sure, especially when coupled with our boards.

however I've been using them for the last 3 weeks in test bench rigs pretty heavily.

The Antec NEO HE550, Trio 550, and Trio 650 are all worthy psu's to use in our setups.

If you are running dual-gpu (high-end like 1900XT's or 7900's) then the Trio 650w is what you want.

otherwise...the NEO HE550w and Trio 550w are just fine.

It probably is, the life expectancy of these in a highend system seems to be about 2yrs or less. ;)

Yeah, I just hope it doesn't splode like one of my smartblue 380's did >< It fused the atx connector to the board... The other is still running strong in my old skt A rig though.

However that's the only psu problem I've ever had *crosses fingers*

Output Voltage +3.3V +5V +12V1 +12V2 +12V3 -12V +5Vsb

Max. Load 23A 17A 17A 17A 17A 0.8A 0.5A

thats the rails etc for the 500W one i have... should they be alright? or should i return and get 550W?

thanks for the replies

More is always better but 500W will be ok for your PC.

Sign in to follow this