Opteron 165 @ $159.99 (newegg)

Guest Halvis_merged

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darkslayer

I'm going to order one as soon as the refund for my defective X2 comes through. Hope I can hit 2.75ghz *crosses fingers*

I'm going to order one as soon as the refund for my defective X2 comes through. Hope I can hit 2.75ghz *crosses fingers*

I was checking there reviews over at new egg for the 165 optys and it looks like the stepping are ccbbe coming out of there.some ccbbe are better than others depending on the week but if you do get any ccbbe you should not have a problem getting to 2.75ghz.You should get 2.75 at a minimum.

I just got mine tonight stepping CCBBE 0616XPMW. I am going to try it out in Rig 1 below. Any tips before I try and crank it up? One question--do I need to clear CMOS and do all that process when I change CPU's? If my BIOS settings are close on CPU power, and I am not changing RAM, can I just swap them and tweak later? Thanks!

No need to fear the newest steppings from the Egg. So far CCBBE 0616XPMW appears just as good as 0615 and 0617.

(2.9GHz 1.4v (set in BIOS) 6hrs 45min Dual Prime small FFT)

2900mhz6hrs45minuw3.th.jpg

Stopped by heat concerns, the same voltage boots at over 3GHz but Priming it heats up my freaking room (temps at 2.9 aren't really that copasetic either tbh). Mem controller brings my UCCC past 265MHz easily in separate tests.

Get a good HSF kiddies,

Ugly