Bad 4400+

Knavinusa

I just tested it at 260x10, and it failed Prime in 15 seconds. Looks like I'm going to have to get another one?

Have you checked out the thread for 4400s, and also this doesnt suprise me that your having issues with dividers my 4400 hates them...and well along with that you could just have a poor overclcoker....of course you will have to do some more testing before you can decide that is definately the case

There's no guarantee that the next one will be any better. It is working correctly if it runs 2.2. Plus, you removed the IHS. You won't be able to return it.

Watsonte's CPU is the exception and not the norm. The speeds he is getting out of a 4400+ is very rare. The average is 2.6-2.7. I can only get 2706 at 1.525 since I upgraded to the Expert and 2750 at 10x275 @ 1.58v.

Nope, I can't hit 2.6. I tried 1.65V and Core 0 craps out in a few minutes. Core 1, however, is fine.

The stepping is mentioned in my first post. It's E6/CCBWE.

Yeah thats still not enough information on the stepping, the full stepping code is what others are looking for...for example the stepping listed in my sig is a full stepping code

I know that stepping is on the avoid list for Opty 165's, but I'm not sure if they bleed over between product lines for the steppings. I may be FOS, but if they do carry over between product lines, this could be your problem.

KNOWN steppings to AVOID if you want at least 2.9ghz:

CCBWE 0607_____(Any processor of that week)

CCBWE 0551_____(Any processor of that week)

CCBWE 0546MPMW

CCBWE 0543TPMW

CCBWE 0534SPMW

• 2 weeks later...