Sign in to follow this  
Knavinusa

Bad 4400+

Has anyone else had problems overclocking this one? I have the 4400+ Toledo/E6/CCBWE 607 UPEW stepping and I can't even hit 230x11 @ 1.6V with 9:10. I even removed the IHS and although it lowered my temps, it's still not giving me a very satisfactory OC.

001nc8.jpg

002mk6.jpg

003uz5.jpg

Are you sure those secondary timings are correct?

Might want to set all of the timings back to auto except for the main 4, enter those as described by OCZ, then use a 1/2 divider and see where you can go.

How are your temps by the way? On both cpu and chipset.

I'll try dropping the data drive strength to level 1 and see how that goes. These are Aeneon T500s, and according to the OC guide, I should set it to a normal drive strength. That's why it's set to normal 4.

CPU goes to about 47°C during load, and the chipset goes to about 46°C.

EDIT: No luck; I tried 232x11 and core 0 failed prime within two minutes. Core 1 is still fine, however, so it's really just that core that's limiting me.

Try manually changing your MAL to 9ns and your RP to 6ns. Also, leave your timings on the ram at 3-4-4-8-1T.

Another thing, what slots are your sticks in? The yellow or orange?

Sometimes chips just hate the 11x multi BTW. If you get desperate look at the 10x and try it that way.

They're in the orange ones. Right now, I have MAL set to 8ns and RP set to 6ns, but I'll try increasing it to 9ns. And yes, I've tried other BIOSes (510 -2), but it didn't help. It also hardlocks my system when I get to my desktop.

Also note that I tried lowering the divider to 1:2 to make sure my RAM wasn't causing any problems, and I had prime fail in three minutes at 232x11. I know the LDT isn't causing the problem, because it was unstable at 3x too.

Has anyone else had problems overclocking this one? I have the 4400+ Toledo/E6 stepping and I can't even hit 230x11 @ 1.6V with 9:10. I even removed the IHS and although it lowered my temps, it's still not giving me a very satisfactory OC.

001nc8.jpg

002mk6.jpg

003uz5.jpg

From looking at your screens I would suggest trying these settings:

HTT: x3

CPU VID -- 1.45

SPECIAL VID -- above 104%

LDT VOLTAGE -- 1.3

DRAM VOLTAGE -- 2.8(for starters, I know that RAM can take more, TCCD?)

DRAM DRIVE STRENGTH -- weak 4

DRAM DATA DRIVE STRENGTH -- weak 1

MAL -- 9.0ns

RPT -- 7.0ns

Try running your RAM at stock settings(3-3-3-8)there is NO WAY your gonna push 1:1 with this CPU trying to run 2.5 - 3 - 2 - 8, although you might get lucky on a 5/6 divider. And even at stock speeds the highest you'll see, also these CPU's seem to prefer the 10x multi.