Sign in to follow this  
OrbVigilance

Would this be the cold boot issue?

I came home from work today and sat down at my computer and the couputer is in standby. I press a few keys to try and wake it up and it wont come out.. my power lite is just slowly blinking. I hold the power button for 5 seconds and shut it off, now when i try to turn it back on its completely unresponsive... Ive cleared cmos, yanked out cards, ect ect..

my motherboard is a nf4 ultra-d

Any help would be appreciated before i must resort to RMA or another product.

**EDIT** I do not overclock.

**EDIT AGAIN** The motherboard has power.. no fans run, but the mobo led and lan led are on.

Welcome to the Street

Put together a complete signature per the rules. Look at the examples.

What PSU do you have? Cold boot issue is a PSU issue.

Standby can be problematic.

I am working on my sig at the very moment.

the psu is an antec 500w smartpower. It has worked fine for about six months, but i hear theyc an become problematic with these dfi boards.

Welcome to the "Street"!

As tasr said, put together a complete sig and we will be able to help you more easily.

We can't be sure if it is the "cold boot" issue without knowing what components you have in your rig.

Everything is connected, and my system has been very stable for months. I just moved into a bigger house and started using standby to save electricity. I'm sure it has something to do with it, now, i just get no power accept for the standby led and lan

I have the same PSU, with the non-sli Ultra-D board and the same problem.

I've tried fixing this problem by swapping PSUs and even swapping to a new board (from the store). Tried plugging the fan headers into the PSU, haven't done a CMOS clear, but the new board should have been cleared already right?

Could this be a CPU problem?

Could you give a list of what could keep a board from powering on? Like a checklist of things I can check out? I can throw some money at this problem but it would be nice to know where to throw it.

Also, OrbVigilence, if you figure out what was wrong shoot me a PM.

Don't know if it's to do with PSU - but just one quick thought? ...are you both using USB keyboards? Have you tried it with a PS/2 keyboard - or a PS/2 connector for your existing one?

Sorry @benborden, you should do the full CMOS clear (linkage in sig). You should always do this with a new board.

From standby mode, i'm just wondering if the USB isn't getting enough power to notify the board. Perhaps the PS/2 would bring it out of standby instead... Just thinking out loud really though...