Mushkin's DFI-Street.com XP-650w Power Supply Contest!

Angry_Games

Dear Mushkin & DFI-Street,

Since this is my very first post in this forum, after having built my latest AM2-based PC, I'd figure I would try my luck with the contest. Although it seems like I favor only one brand of PSU as seen in my signature, but the only reason why I have those is because they were at a good price point for my needs. However, we know that quality can't be sacrificed for price. I've yet to use a Mushkin product before, so it would be nice to try something new and more powerful. This is definitely a boring request compared to the rest, but I like to keep it simple. :)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.... I guess I have a little story of woe to tell about my current system, and why a new PSU would brighten my day! I hesitate to post a sob story, but I have a noble aim! I was disabled with a chronic illness about 5 years ago, and my wife stepped up and has supported the family ever since. She's a superwoman, who basically does everything at home, then goes to work full time and brings home the bacon. Because I don't earn any of my own money it's next to impossible for me to do anything nice for her.

I built my first DIY PC this last April, with all the components in my sig after receiving an insurance settlement from a car accident. (small one, wasn't seriously hurt). My old PC became my wife's pc which she's absolutely crazy about even though it's relatively old/slow.

My Evga 7900 died within 3-4 days with all the well known 7900 series issues, and over the last 6 months I shipped and recieved 5 different RMA cards before finally getting one that actually works (finally resolved in September). We spent 100's of dollars in shipping and Canada Customs fees, and I lost the respect of my wife who pretty much won't trust anything I say with regards to electronics now.... Every trip to the post office got her more and more pissed off.

So after it all finally worked itself out, and my wife had just started beginning to trust me again, the PSU on her PC died last week! We don't have the cash to get a new one right now, even a cheap one, because my wife is saving up to go back to college in January.

A free PSU would allow me to give my wife the gift of her PC back up and running. I would think that a great Mushkin PSU would be overkill for her rig, but even just getting it running would be a huge deal to her, especially with college courses looming.

Thanks alll, I know some will be rolling their eyes, but I'm willing to accept the embarassment of of admitting these things if it means there is a chance I can give my wife her computer back. Boy does she love those Sims! :)

Haikus: My way of expressing my feelings about the subject

Mushkin Memory

First in ninteen-ninety four

Now makes PSUs

What is TRUE power?

Certainly quad twelve-volt rails

And green LEDs

A truly bold move

A product i would adore

Muskins new advance

Radiant smooth lines

With beauty and elegance