Sign in to follow this  
Evil_inc

Building your own case?

Well my plans keep changing on everything. The foam I am working with would be good but I have a lack of tooling options for it and is very hard to get a clean cut with. I also have yet to get the aluminum sheeting I need.

What kind of foam? if it's some stuff with density there is a few ways to shape it, pick up some coleman fuel from your local walmart sporting good section (the compressed stuff not the liquid cans) and a head, heat up a hack saw blade and cut it. Use a rasp or similair file to shape it. Or u can just use a length of sturdy thin wire (test on a piece of scrap first)

Ive found it quite easy building with resin moulds and glassfibre did my last case front with it, fun too you can get some pretty mad shapes out of it

I picked up a pair of blue led case feet (because the case falles over on the floor and It was just $7 as apposed to the 20+ bucks to get my original ball feet. I will show them installed tommorow, gots to do the homework.

Ok heres some pics of the lights and mockup side pannel made of duct tape. I have finaly found time to work on this so there will hopefuly be major strides now.

DSCF0138.jpg

DSCF0139.jpg

DSCF0141.jpg

DSCF0142.jpg

DSCF0143.jpg

Does anyone know of a place that could cut aluminum with a laser? I have been on google and found places that do so and accept cad designs and just want to see if anyone has used (or works for) one.

I am exploring all of my options right now, I am sorry for those of you that are used to seeing these build logs have updates every day with magnificent strides but this will be my first (good) mod and I want it to go right.