Sign in to follow this  
Tropikal

First time watercooling - Parts List

Also i dont know if anyone has ever seen or heard of the EK-FCX1900, here is the link.

http://ekwaterblocks.com/shop/product_info...products_id=116

Seems to be a pretty close design to the DD Tyee, for quite less $$$..

Any input on that ?

Well, first off I don't like the wavy design they have that is above the core...I'd think that could be a lot more efficient.

Second, that's located out of the country, which probably isn't the best move for two reasons.

1. Shipping could be expensive.

2. It would really suck to have a problem with it

Danger Den is based out of Washington (state) if I remember correctly, and are very, very quick to correct any mistakes, I know this from personal experience.

And Travis will recommend the universal TDX too. ;)

Well, first off I don't like the wavy design they have that is above the core...I'd think that could be a lot more efficient.

Second, that's located out of the country, which probably isn't the best move for two reasons.

Danger Den is based out of Washington (state) if I remember correctly, and are very, very quick to correct any mistakes, I know this from personal experience.

And Travis will recommend the universal TDX too. ;)

Given that the out-of-the-country isnt a problem, since i have friends and family in europe, i still didnt get what you said about the block.. u dont like the design but u think it s more efficient ?

Given that the out-of-the-country isnt a problem, since i have friends and family in europe, i still didnt get what you said about the block.. u dont like the design but u think it s more efficient ?

Worded that badly, I mean I think they could use a more efficient design instead of what they currently have. I prefer the Tyee design better.

Honestly though, just get a Maze 4 block for your graphics card and a set of ramsinks, it'll work just as well really and saves quite a bit of cash. Just make sure you have decent airflow up there and you're set.

I will say that is seems everyone has it nailed on the head...

Universal TDX waterblock, its nice and versatile....as for GFX cards the Maze4 waterblocks are a great buy especially for the price...

Other than that it seems everyone is pointing you in the right direction, be sure to get a little more tubing than you think you will need, you will always end up rearranging something...

Also good choice on the Radiator, I own one and love it...it performs very well with low CFM and low noise fans...so really any 120mm fan that pushes at least 50CFM will do

Either way, Good Luck...

EK Waterblocks is located in Slovenia, international shipping costs are nothing compared to the US ones. :)

Contact Eddy EK. He's also registered on XtremeSystems and is willing to help you out.

Hmm k where can i get the shrouds ? (i dont even know what they are)

Shrouds basically attach to the radiator, and then to the fan. You can find some here :

I believe they make some for each style Radiator (I forgot which one your going to be using).

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?...7&cat=76&page=1

That's for a double Rad, and can anyone tell if you can only use that for the ThermoChill Rad's, or for any Rad...I thought it was Any Dual Rad..Thanks!!

I am also looking into a possible water cooling solution for my PC.

I have been over to DD site and is this the TDX folks were referring to?

Well the order has been placed, i only had to sub the Black Ice XtremeII Radiator for the GTS and then went for the cheaper option and got the Maze instead of the Tyee, but just for the sheer fact that it might be more versatile for future upgrades.. i dont think that was a bad choice.. or at least i hope so. I ll keep you posted on the results next week when the parts get here.