Sign in to follow this  
Xavion

Harddrive issues on SLI-DR

Hello DFI-Street.

I have had a Lanparty SLI-DR for about a year now. And finally decided to have some fun with a raid setup.

But to my big suprise the computer wont boot with more then 1 SATA disk attached. Even though i only use my 300GB which i used for a year now, and attach an extra SATA for storage, it wont boot. It just keeps rebooting at the XP Load screen, and sometimes it hang.

What can be the problem? I am really desperate to get this fixed, because i am having 4 nice Samsung P120 drives i can't use for anything at the moment. :(

please help me !!

Thank you !

#2 It's not the RAID which is failing. I haven't even bothered to set it up yet, because i needed to move some data for a m8. But the PC wont boot when installing an extra harddrive. Even though there is nothing on it, the board can't seem to understand that it have to boot from my 300Gig Seagate where the OS is. And yes, the BIOS is configured right.

Come on, there must be someone with a solution to this?? It really bothers me that i used 150 pounds on a motherboard which doesnt even work with more then 1 harddrive. :mad:

I don't think it's your motherboard, it must be something you are missing. Re-trace your steps to build and install a RAID array. Follow the guide step by step and see if you may have overlooked something.

Which connectors do you have the Hdds attached the Sill3114 or the Nvraid, Which drivers are you using, do you have the connectors enabled in the bios, Have you tried different cables, have you set the jumpers correctly on your hdd's. Does the bios recognise the hdd's.

A bit more info i think you have to give before others can help you ;)

your windows is probably confused.

give this a shot:

-boot from windows cd

-press r to repair

-login to your windows installation

-type help

-one of the options is something like bootcfg (i forget exactly what it is) use that command along with the help for that command to rewrite your boot configuration.

-type exit.

see if that helps. ... if it does its a 5 min fix for your problem..

good luck

Which connectors do you have the Hdds attached the Sill3114 or the Nvraid, Which drivers are you using, do you have the connectors enabled in the bios, Have you tried different cables, have you set the jumpers correctly on your hdd's. Does the bios recognise the hdd's.

A bit more info i think you have to give before others can help you ;)

1. The OS disk is on SATA 1, and the storage disk is on SATA 2, on the NVraid SATA channel i believe.

2. I use the drivers which was on the Lanparty CD. And i also says "Press F4 to change RAID settings" or something like that, when booting the machine. So the RAID drivers should be installed.

3. The jumpers are set as they have to.

4. I have tried different cables, and different extra harddrives, no difference.

You're working that PSU pretty hard with your hardware, including the 4 sticks and the 7800GTX. Maybe it is starting to fail? Do you have another one you can swap in to test with?

I'd suggest you test the rails on it and probably think about getting one off the recommended list.

You're working that PSU pretty hard with your hardware, including the 4 sticks and the 7800GTX. Maybe it is starting to fail? Do you have another one you can swap in to test with?

I'd suggest you test the rails on it and probably think about getting one off the recommended list.

I can assure you that it isn't a PSU problem. Not many know the Chill Innovation brand because it's danish, but they make some pretty nice PSU's, and they deliver lots of power and are very stable.

http://www.chill-innovation.com/images/CP-520A3%20PSU.gif

And according to Smartguardian there is no pressure on any of the RAILS. And yet again, it is made for SLI, which uses a lot more power then my single 7800GTX, 4 sticks of RAM and 2 harddrives.

Actually, i had a quick look at the specs of your PSU before i posted. I'm not suggesting that it cannot run your rig - just that it may have deteriorated over time... if you have another PSU you can switch in, i'd definately recommend you try it out...

Also Smartguardian cannot really tell you much about your stability. You need to measure your PSU like this to be sure...