Sign in to follow this  
Krushull

Replacement fan for DFI eXpert

Well yet again my stock DFI fan has died. I lubed her up a few times but now I think I will just replace it. I'm not gonna bother with getting a replacement from DFI as they just sent me the same fan last time my DFI NF3 fan died and it died even faster than the last. Anyone know a good fan and heatsink that can be secured properly onto the DFI NF4 expert chipset?

Yea the Evercool VC-RE is what everyone around here uses and if you look in the tutorials section Happy-Games has stickied it and it is all over the forum as well!

It is the same height as the stock cooler just have to make sure it is seated all the way and shouldn't have a problem. Alot of people use it with 7800 series cards haven't seen any complaint's yet.

ah sweet

pics I saw on a website made it look tall, I have like 1mm clearance with stock cooler so was worried about that

my stock one has stopped dead do you think it will be ok like that for awhile until I can order a fan? sits at around 50-52c idle.

uh oh

I think the fan has been dead for a few day, I thought it had just gone quiet again as it used to do that now and again but found out today it had stopped totally