Sign in to follow this  
IshootIscore

System Not Posting - 4 Solid LEDs

Have had system working without issue until putting system in standby overnight. Next day hit power button to bring system up. Power came on and then immediately shut down. Will not boot, not respond.

After extended troubleshooting I deceded to unplug all peripherals and try to power up. Could only get one amber LED (its next to where the red LEDs are)to come on. No fans, No red LEDS, no response. Swapping out with the Coolermaster PSU I now get fans (CPU & chipset, 4 red LEDs that stay on, 2 amber LEDS (one next to PSU connection on MB, one near red LEDs - this is the same as above mentioned), and Graphics card is lit and fans are on. I have removed my graphics card and gotten same result. I have also removed RAM, CPU - same result. No beeps and solid red LEDs when powered on. I have seen the

I have not tried the CMOS reset yet, but figure you guys will tell me to try so I will. My main concern is trying to eliminate MB vs. CPU vs. Graphics card so I can figure out what to RMA. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Im sure my description above will need clarification so by all means ask any questions. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to DFI-Street

Do you have all four (4) power connectors plug in?

Clear the CMOS like this and follow it exactly.

Try a full CMOS clear - follow the link in my sig exactly. If you miss a step (for example: if you don't have a ps2 keyboard) then you'll need to start again as each and every step is important...

Aftrer that, i'd be thinking that your new PSU also has a problem. If you know someone that has one off the recommended list - i'd suggest you try that instead (after the CMOS clear, of course)

tried the CMOS reset, nothing. Did both methods (with and without PS/2 keyboard). PSU used originally was on rec list...I think its toast, along with possibly the MB. I could be wrong...any ideas?

Did you do the full 24hrs reset? With these new boards, it really does make a difference... some people have even had boards come back from the dead after 72 hr resets! (yep, 3 days!)...

RMA'd board. Got it tonight and all is well. I really appreciate your advice, this forum is one of the reasons I purchased DFI...you guys really go a great job helping noobs like me out. Thanks again!!!