Sign in to follow this  
lilbear

HOT HOT!!! 7900 GTO >= GTX For $232.00 AR

well so far i used coobits and 700/800. Can't go farther than 800 on mem. I need to run 3d mark to see. Later on

I haven't tried over 700. Haven't changed the paste or checked mems.

Where in the UK did you purchase your cards if you dont mind me asking?????????????? ;)

Only places selling them are Ebuyer.com and Dabs.com, they are approx £180 per card but, I saw them on offer at Dabs for £170 and dived in.

Ebuyer

Dabs

r4z

Coolbitsed my evga to 700,800 (yay, a makeshift GTX)

You cannot go over 800 I guess for that you would need to flash it with the GTX bios but that's not worth it to me.

How do I tell what memory I have 1.1ns or 1.2ns?

Just curious but for al of yall does it show up as

untitledjpeged9.jpg

And also playah I believe told me I could just swap out my ol' 6600gt for this but I actually had to reinstall the drivers, peace.

I think it's showing up as a GT because the driver you're using is old... if I remember right the newer driver that comes with the card identifies it as 7900 GT/GTO or something similar.

-pickles

And also playah I believe told me I could just swap out my ol' 6600gt for this but I actually had to reinstall the drivers, peace.

Sorry about that, I should have stated that I was using 84.21 drivers and that when I swapped out my 7800gt for a 7900GTX I had no probs.

Apologize for any inconvenience.

Should I change the drivers? I mean the 84.21 work fine, it isn't harming my performance using these drivers right?

What 3d06 score did ya get? My scores are with the latest drivers from Nvidia

r4z

Should I change the drivers? I mean the 84.21 work fine, it isn't harming my performance using these drivers right?

Why not try different ones and compare them to see which gives you the best performance, remember what works for one doesnt always work for the next. ;)

Logan

Got em at scan now too, £178 inc free shipping

r4z

Thanks r4z, i had ordered mine a week ago nearly from ebuyer they said i should have them by Thurs 5th, they havent even left the WH yet, even though they got 290 of these things in stock, to say i am pi$$ed off does not come close. I was just wondering if you had ordered from the same, its the first time i have used them. If i had known Scan were doing them i would have went there, far better turnaround.

Logan

Sign in to follow this