HOT HOT!!! 7900 GTO >= GTX For $232.00 AR

lilbear

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k, well here we go then.

Finally installed them both and got SLI working - changed SLI aperture but, didnt know about the 8-4-NC-8 BIOS setting, damn you manual!!!!

I did a defrag and ran 3d06 on my MSI 7800GTX 256MB on stock and OC speeds, results are

stock : 4466 (SM2.0=1760, SM3.0/HDR=1743, CPU=2014)

max stable oc : 4887 (SM2.0=1957, SM3.0/HDR=1932, CPU=2017)

Now on to the SLI setup, 2xMSI 7900GTO 512MB

stock Core-650, RAM-660: 8911 (SM2.0=4135, SM3.0/HDR=4128, CPU=2005)

max stable oc : Core-690, RAM-798 : 9253 (SM2.0=4135, SM3.0/HDR=4128, CPU=2005)

All oc's are on GFX cards only, CPU & RAM speeds/clocks are constant.

All I can say is yehaaaaaw, I could flash the BIOS to the GTX version but, then I cant see the point. I might gain 2Mhz on the RAM but, tbh I'd rather keep the warranty :D

All in all I am well happy, there was slight tearing in the last test in the OC run but, I guess these are only sythentic tests so, on to BF2 for some hardcore testing.....

r4z

Thanks for testing them out and posting results,that 7800GTX wasn't no slouch!

A Q's for you, what MHz was the rig at during testing?

I found an OCDB w/XFX 7900GTX XXX edition sli(stock 700/900)

At 200x14.5 @ 2900Mhz the "06" score was 9793

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...3&postcount=327

I'd say it looks pretty impressive for the price/performance ratio.

damn it I need to add pics - lol

CPU was at 2700Mhz during the entire tests, I need to revisit my CPU OC tbh, I've had it stable @ 2.8 and it boots windows @ GGG albeit with nearly 1.7V but, I'm on H2o so meh!

I uploaded my score to the Futuremark site and for my CPU clock speed and GFX setup it has the tied top score with one other setup so, I'm happy :D

Edit: Here come the pics, just thumbs here but, click and they will enlarge.

Boxes

dsc00102xp5.th.jpg

Packaging

dsc00104wj8.th.jpg

Card

dsc00105tf0.th.jpg

Snug as a bug in a rug...

dsc00109pa0.th.jpg

SLI Bridge - DFI Style

dsc00110rv6.th.jpg

Also had to remove a heatsink from one of the Mobo chips so, I could get the 2nd card in - what do you do with one spare heatsink??? MOD IT of course!

dsc00112sq9.th.jpg

Its now my BF2 trigger finger heatsink - LMAO

r4z

All the evga GTO's that ppl have checked have had 1.1ns ram on them,despite what evga is saying.

I guess the difference btwn the GTX is the amount of voltage supplied to the ram on the GTO is lower and it has tighter timings

That's what I just read the voltage on the gto is 1.81 and the gtx is 2.1 is that right. Bottom line is everyone wants to buy a gto and make it a gtx yet your paying for a gto you can't always get something for nothing. Take the gto for 260.00 clock it up to a stable speed and enjoy it. Or else quit being cheap and spend the dough for a gtx. my 2c worth

That's what I just read the voltage on the gto is 1.81 and the gtx is 2.1 is that right. Bottom line is everyone wants to buy a gto and make it a gtx yet your paying for a gto you can't always get something for nothing. Take the gto for 260.00 clock it up to a stable speed and enjoy it. Or else quit being cheap and spend the dough for a gtx. my 2c worth

Yup those voltages are correct, 1.85v on GTO - 2.15 on GTX, you can voltmod with a resister change but, thats a bit hardcore for me.

Yup those voltages are correct, 1.85v on GTO - 2.15 on GTX, you can voltmod with a resister change but, thats a bit hardcore for me.

Where in the UK did you purchase your cards if you dont mind me asking?????????????? ;)