HOT HOT!!! 7900 GTO >= GTX For $232.00 AR

lilbear

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had ordered 2 from Tiger Direct when they were showing them in stock,then I called and thay said they were back ordered 'til fri.

In the mean time New Egg started selling them,so I cancelled my order w/TD and placed w/NE.

Now I'm told by TD that even though they didn't charge my account yet,there is a 2-3 day hold on the funds,effectively midnight the 4th:confused: :mad:

That really sucks,I doubt I will do business w/them again.

I called them back and talked to someone else,they said they might be able to get the funds released sooner,called New Egg and told them what was up and they said they'd hold my order for 3 more days,so it just might work out

On a side note I sold my 7800gt yesterday and the used 7900gtx came in.

What a diff playin FEAR @1600x1200 w/everything maxed,the 7800 was way bogged down,the gtx was very smooth

I called them back and talked to someone else,they said they might be able to get the funds released sooner,called New Egg and told them what was up and they said they'd hold my order for 3 more days,so it just might work out

On a side note I sold my 7800gt yesterday and the used 7900gtx came in.

What a diff playin FEAR @1600x1200 w/everything maxed,the 7800 was way bogged down,the gtx was very smooth

How much did you get for your 7800 gt? Cuz im in the same boat....i was going to sell mine too :)

How much did you get for your 7800 gt? Cuz im in the same boat....i was going to sell mine too :)

I got 142.50 out of it,I think it went cheaper than the average of the last 10 sold(185.00)because I mistakenly set the end of the auction for 1:30pm EST,I usually like 'em to be around 9:30pm EST,seems more folks might be home.

I had a NV Silencer 5 on it plus the original HSF,but no box or anything else,so I'm sure that attributed to the lower than average selling price

I didn't feel to bad about it,I only paid 150.00 shipped for it about 6mos ago,used of course

Other reports are some of the boxes on top say 7900GTO,but on the side say 7900GTX
Just checked my box when I read your post and it is marked 7900GTX on the sides. On the top of the box all they did was put a GTO sticker over top of the GTX printed there. Instant cheap packaging heh.

Overclocked higher on core and mem than a stock GTX so I'm a happy camper and going to order another.

Damn the editor in this Heavy Metal scheme is borked...

-pickles

Lol pickles, Heavy Metal just owned you. :D

Nice to see they aren't even trying - god I want to buy one so bad but I just can't justify it right now. I told myself I'd wait til March then see what's available....

I miss my GTX, it was beautiful....