Sign in to follow this  
faulknera

couple of little problems

If it's not on the recommended list, do NOT use it. Thermaltake are fairly notorious for overstating the power/features of their PSU's. I would steer clear of them, and get either the FSP FX600/700 or the OCZ GameExtreme 600/700 (this is actually produced by FSP). All of these are great PSU's.

Has anyone else on here tried the new Thermaltake PSU for SLI Graphics cards?

Previous PSU:s from Thermaltake haven't made it into the recommendation list of this forum. It doesn't mean it never will, but in your shoes I would pick one from this list:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854

I bought my Epsilon not long after its release, before it was included in the list above, but that was mainly because a person I trust, RGone, recommended it based on his own testing. Maybe there are some other good options, but so far I would say that a main stream user like I gain more from trusting the collective knowledge and experience of the man already mentioned and others on this forum.

So you lot are saying even though it is certificed by Nvidia its rubbish?

I don't say it's rubbish before I've tested it myself or a person I trust. However the certification made by Nvidia or ATI aren't my main guideline. We're using a DFI product and that means we probably "abuse" our hardware a bit more than the average user. With that in mind I prefer to trust people Davidhammock, RGone, H_G and others like them, who know the specific hardware and us users.

On the other hand if you still want that PSU I would be interested to know how it performs. It's in the end your choice.

Good luck with whatever choice you make! :)

So you lot are saying even though it is certificed by Nvidia its rubbish?
Not all of them, You need to get one which is approved by DFI.