Sign in to follow this  
Polizei

I've got a Thermalright SI-128 coming in the mail... review anyone?

I should be getting my Thermalright SI-128 and my Arctic Silver Ceramique at theend of this week - hopefully before the weekend. :O

Would anyone like a review of it and how it performs, or would that just be redundant with so many reviews floating around the internet? I cant provide exact room temps (ballpark, +/-2C probably), so the results may vary for the rest of you guys out there. Just curious if anyone would like a review of it compared to the stock Intel heatsink boxed with the Core 2 Duos. :O

Im hoping this baby paired with a Thermaltake 120mm fan rated somewhere in the range of 55CFM can allow me to get the 3.2GHz with decent temps. :)

You bought it before reading reviews? :confused:

Here's one.

Here's another one. But you need to be fluent in German, or be able to read the garbage that gets returned if you use alta vista babel fish translation.

I had the si-120 for a while before switching to liquid cooling and it was a great performer - although the eXpert temp sensor problems means I don't have a clue (grumble :mad: )

I read reviews, believe me. I read so many reviews about the SI-120 and then the Si-128 that I nearly memorized them from reading the same ones over and over and over. I never found a review comparing the two though. I read reviews before I bought it, I was just wondering if you guys here would want one from a fellow user here.

I bought mine over eBay hehe. Came from singapore and arrived in a week. The price is reasonably considering that the SI-128 is quite hard to get hold off atm. I won't be installing mine for a few more weeks as i have a few reports and my finals are coming up in 2 weeks.

Stupid exams. Can't play with my new babies.

Warmest regards

*Goes away and hugs his HR-05 SLI and SI-128*

you will be satisfied of it.I sure was.It's a cool cooler.To bad I had to sell it cuz I removed my IHS on the old CPU it would be perfect with my current PC.It is very good but now I'll go for the Ultra-120 cause it has a better retaining mecanism(IMHO) and it performs almost the same.

One question: How should I orientate the fan? Blowing towards the mobo OR away?

I thought the Ultra-120 performs better than the SI-128? Judging from the SI-120 performance and recent Ultra-120 reviews of course. Anyway the main reason to get the SI-128 is if you want to cool other parts of your mobo right? That's where the Ultra-120 loses out to the SI-128 I guess due to the way the fan has to be placed.

Warmest regards.

Where'd you find the SI-128 in stock?

-pickles

I bought mine at case-mod.com... it wont be in stock until Tuesday. $46.88

http://www.case-mod.com/store/thermalright...am2-p-2032.html

I got mine with 4 day shipping (cheapest next to 7-9 day ground or something rediculous), hopefully they will get it to me a day early on Friday.

Well, I was planning on doing something similar as well, comparing idle/load temps of the stock cooler and the SI-128, for both the processor and my nearby northbridge, assuming it gets any airflow. Other reviews said it helps cool the chipset, voltage regulators and the MOSFETs, but other than the chipset, I have no way to measure the last two.

I could take pictures of the flatness/polished-ness (is that a word :confused: ), the actual girth of the thing, anything. Let me know what I should include, you guys are the ones that will benefit from this review.

Sign in to follow this