ATI X19xx GPU's Folding@Home!

davidhammock200

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how long I'll let this run. It's really beating up on my video card. I changed to 3d clocks yesterday evening. 682/824, temperature 72C, CAT 6.5 drivers. So for no errors though.

I don't know how long I'll let this run. It's really beating up on my video card. I changed to 3d clocks yesterday evening. 682/824, temperature 72C, CAT 6.5 drivers. So for no errors though.

Nah its breaking it in man. :D

Updated CAT 6.10 available for download.

Hey Praz, how can you tell it's updated? I'm using CAT 10 now, but having some minor problems. Just wondering, because I was working on a FAH GPU project that just stopped, without errors, can't get any further than 85%. Thought this odd, so how can you tell the Cat 6.10 has been updated? Just wondering. Thanks.

The update announcement is on the FAH website. The 85% stoppage isn't a problem as such. At that point the program quits reporting the progress until the WU is finished. For whatever reason the screen doesn't update till the end. It's been that way for me since this has been released.

Well I finally finished my first WU haha, I did what FXed did and reinstalled 6.10 and just ran driver cleaner (which I did from 6.8 to 6.10) and no more EUE's. :)

Not sure if anyone cares but at def 2d clocks it was taking about 8 minutes per frame and my psu load was at 297 watts. Now running at 710/770 not breakneck speeds but its something I don't have to raise the voltage for and I'm completing each frame at 5 minutes 45 seconds and my psu load is now at 324 watts.

• 3 weeks later...

The cat 10 drivers really do seem to help it is running very fast now 2-3 units a day when I am not gaming- basicly when I am working or sleeping right now.

BTW if you are worried about temps replacing the stock TIM with AS cramique is a huge benifit. I have never seen a 5-7C improvement from stock before though I did clean up the lapping slightly.

I've been running the GPU core since it was released. CAT 6.5 averages 5 minutes 54 seconds. Cat 6.10 beta knocks 6 seconds off that. I had a couple of issues with the 6.10's is why I'm using 6.5.

I stopped running the GPU Client temporarilly, created allot of extra internal case heat for one thing, and went back to running three CPU projects, two on dual core machine and one on an XP 3200+ rig. I'm upgrading to a Swiftech watercooling kit this week and waiting on that prior to running the GPU Client again. It's good to hear they got the Cat 6.10 driver debugged, since it was hit or miss for me while I first ran it on my ATI rig. I still hear the version 6.5 works better, from just about everyone that's tried both.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I've switched to water cooling, I'm trying the GPU console again. With just one waterblock cooling the CPU, I'm seeing GPU temps never exceeding 70 C now, averaging @ 68-69 C, whereeas with air cooling I was hitting 80 C and beyond. CPU temps average 45-47 C with the FAH CPU console running on one core and the GPU console running on the other.

Is anyone else still running the GPU console on their machine/s? I was wondering if like the CPU clients if I needed to add a unique machine ID to the GPU console, such as I have to do when running two instances of FAH on a dual core CPU. I.e., two seperate FAH folders, one named FAH-0 and one named FAH-1, then under "client" I set MachineID=1 and MachineID=2 using Notepad. I don't recall reading if a unique ID is required or if since this is a GPU client if I just use the MachineID=1. I know with the standard console, with two instances running, I need to address a specific ID or FAH doesn't know which CPU client to send or recieve its' information. Does anyone know if I need the set GPU to something like MachineID=3, or is leaving it at MachineID=1 OK?

On another note, I did find that by having two x1950s I had to disable CrossFire or the GPU client would not work properly. For some reason it doesn't like trying to run under CrossFire mode but seems fine with this disabled. Just thought I'd point that out for anyone that tries running this client on a dual GPU system.