ATI X19xx GPU's Folding@Home!

davidhammock200

Guest Timmay
You start it and don't bother posting the most important thing of all...

HOW FAST IT IS!!!! (I'm tearing my hair out here! /repeat)

Apartenly around 440PPD, from a X1900XT (found on XS systems) but the WU's are relativly low pts.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok been going through my log and I'm on my 7th WU but the problem with the last 6 WU and I bet soon for the 7th is I've been getting this error.

"Folding@home Core Shutdown: EARLY_UNIT_END"

Checking the new FAQ theres info about this

Trouble shooting EUE's

Some Alpha testers have found an excessive number of Early Unit End's (EUE's) -- we have not reproduced that at Stanford or ATI and we need help from beta testers to help track this down. If you see many EUE's (i.e. more than 20%), please make a post in the GPU section of the forum with your system configuration (ATI driver version, DX version, OS) and hardware (card, CPU, motherboard type). With the help of beta testers, we hope to nail down what's going on.

If you are seeing lots of EUE's, please download the ATItool application and check that your core voltage is set to 1.4V. This has been shown to lead to problems.

Gonna see if the EUE happens with the gui client for my 7th WU and if it does happen I'll raise the gpu core voltage up and go back to the console version.

Edit*

@H_G

Multiple GPUs are currently not supported (but will be supported in future releases); Crossfire is also not supported -- Crossfire will make FAH run more slowly than using a single GPU (this isn't a bug as much as a fundamental issue regarding the nature of a Crossfire/SLI type architecture).

:(

Definitely need water cooling to run these things.

I got EUEs until I cleaned out the old Catalyst drivers, ran DriverCleanerPro, then installed the 6.10 BETA drivers. Afterwards, I still got the "missing d3dx9_30.dll" error until updating DX9c drivers.

The project I'm on now doesn't have the normal 100 frames, it has 2,000!!! If it runs at 7 minutes per, then that's over 233 hours or 9.72 days. For a WU that's only worth 222 points, that sure doesn't equate to over 400 ppd, it's only about 20 ppd. If this is correst, then it's hardly worth burning out a brand new $500+ graphics card just to run FAH. Not to mentioned the electricity this thing is most likely consuming now. I'm going to keep it running for awhile but so far I'm not too impressed.

ya keep in mind the high-amp draw (ie: high watts) that X1900XT's have when running full-tilt!

Hehehe, that thought crossed my mind. ;-)

I've been in contact with TheWeatherMan by e-mail. He's trying to use the FAH GUI files I've just sent him to see if he can get EMIII to recognize the new cores. It will be nice if we can monitor these monsters while running the console version.

I need A/C in my PC!

:)

I was thinking along the same lines, that this FAH version is like MemTest for PSUs! LOL That and it sure does a massive burn-in and stress test on my new X1950XTX. Like I'd told someone else about an hour or so ago, I can "smell" the heat this thing's putting off now and my case has good air flow. HOT!

@ Booster,

What program are you using that can tell you power consumption? I'd be interested in knowing what draw this FAH client is putting on my rig. I thought you needed hardware for that, didn't know there was software to monitor it, if that's what you meant. Let me know, if you don't mind.