Sign in to follow this  
davidhammock200

ATI X19xx GPU's [email protected]!

I'm running this program right now. But I haven't got a clue what i'm really doing. Been to the site of [email protected], read it.... But still no idea.

My GPU temp is around 44C (on water)

I'll leave it running en see what happens when i'm doing a 3dmark.

I suppose it is a kind of stabilitytest??

If running on a single GPU, it should be relatively easy to set everything up for FAH. You may notice that running games or benchmarks with FAH GPU client running will return errors or shut down the FAH clent completely. This is normal, from what I've seen, as the project uses the full resources of the GPU in order to run. Also, while running just one instance, it's probably not necessary to assign a specific MachineID to the client, but if you have a CPU console running as well, you'll need to assign specific MachineIDs to each, e.g. MachineID=1 and MachineID=2, as found in the "client" folder of each FAH instance.

I have two GPUs and need to shut down CrossFire while running the GPU FAH console. If not, there will be conflicts and errors that result. There's also a new client that allows you to run one instance on each of two GPUs, but I've found that in order to set it up I need to be running two monitors, at least at first during initial start-up, then also need to assign a unique MachineID to each client.

BTW, how are you seeing temps as low as 44C, even on water? Do you have a GPU water block attached, along with a CPU water block? Not sure about default x1900 temps on air, but my x1950 temps run around 53C idle and upwards of 68-70C with FAH GPU client running full bore, on air and with my CPU only being water cooled. Just curious, since those temps seem low to me, never having ran an x1900 before I really don't know what they run at normally.

I suppose it is a kind of stabilitytest??

Hmmm, I guess you could say that, but it's actually a project aimed at finding the cures for disease/s. While FAH can be a great detective for bad RAM, insufficient PSUs and other hardware problems, it's primarily the science of finding out how and why protiens misfold, the common reason that diseases occur.

:cool:

Setting up was no problem at all. I thought that is was an kind of program that checks your GPU, and then give you the best setting for it. After a while I thought it was more like a testprogram.

Yes, I have a GPU water block attached, along with a CPU water block. Temps stays nice and low.:D

Greetz Erik

Guest drteming

As per the title, I am wondering which one is better for me--the cards run about the same price at newegg. I am going to venture into GPU folding. My current dedicated folding rig is a Biostar 6100-939 with an Opteron 144 clocked to 3.0 GHz at 1.4v (CAB1E 0614 BPBW). The XT has 4 more pipelines over the Pro but I had read that cards with 256 MB can cause stuttering in Windows. Does that matter? Thanks.

Was looking for an update on this thread. Is anyone still using or their X1900 series graphics card for FAH, if so any long term negative side affects (like failed cards or the like?)

Is there an updated FAH GPU client that has been released out of the BETA stage?

I just tried this on my 2.8ghz opty 170, x1950xt....

Problem is, it makes my system sticky/jumpy. Even moving the mouse stutters with FAH GPU running! It doesn't do this with the non-gpu client. I checked the priority, and it is set to "Low" already - yet it is hogging the video card so hard apparently that I can't even use my fracking computer.

What's with that?

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately I've retired my X1900XT in exchange for an 8800GTS.

Maybe when I get my spare server up and running I'll throw the X1900XT in there and give it a whirl.

Later.

I started using the GPU client a couple of days ago and so far it's been running great. No EUEs and the two WUs that it has completed so far have been in the 6 minute range per frame :).

I'm running the 7.11 Catalysts at stock speeds.

That would be pretty sweet :D.

What I've been doing with the GPU client is running it and alternating between my non-SMP console copies during the night, and running both CPU consoles during the day, so I can lock my computer when I'm not at home. Too bad the Windows+L shortcut kills the GPU client :(.