ATI X19xx GPU's Folding@Home!

davidhammock200

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran it for a few minutes forgetting to install the 6.10 cats and noticed a huge speed increase after installing the 6.10 cats for folding. I wonder if it makes a difference if I force the video card clocks to my oc'ed 3d since its working at defualt 2d settings.

I also ran 3dmark06 for the hell of it and had a 200 point drop but I do hear that the chuck patch is finally intergrated with this version.

I have it running right now. Sounds like the fan on my graphics card is ready to push my rig into space!!! My GPU temps are @ 80C and they never get that high with serious hour after hour gaming.

Running p2711 @ 7+ minutes per frame, already at "Completed 3" as it shows in the console client verison. Tried adding the folder to EMIII, no show yet. I also contacted "The WeatherMan", to let him know what's going on.

And by the way, if you can't get it to connect to the Server, and you've updated your Catalyst drivers to version 6.10 beta, be on the look out for this error:

"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." ... then you'll need to update DirectX 9c. Windows SP/2 already has DX9c, but it's missing the .dll that's needed to run FAH from the GPU core.

Dang, this thing is LOUD now!!! Fans going crazy!

EDIT: Click here to update DX9c, if you get the .dll error I mentioned.