water cooling everything

mihkail

I have seen something similar before where a guy made his own waterblocks, mostly custom ones for his vid cards. He had GPU block and ram blocks, some dual sided, made and assembled the same way. They were all lapped and polished down to a mirror finish and lightly coated (not on the contact surfaces) with spray laquer to protect the finish.

Nice stuff if that's your thing and you have the skills, tools and materials.

I always thought it'd be interesting having a watercooled power supply. I figure in a year or two they'll be available with fittings right on the outside for you to connect hoses to.

I think I remember seeing this thread quite some time ago.

I would love to watercool everything, but I wonder how well that rad would perform under all the load (did he do PSU too? I didnt think so).

Manufacture two radiators to resemble floor standing home speakers and install adjustable (by remote LOL) 4x120mm fans on each. Run 'em with solid black tubing to an HTPC fully h2o system. Be cramped inside, but watercool not only what he did and PSU, but voltage regulation chips, SB, NB, and about several other key chips that would require possibly drilling into the motherboard for mounting holes. But, that would be sweet, total fanless system.

boo

Touche Google....touche.

Except the Alphacool one actually doesn't have water go inside the casing...it wouldn't even come close to the components that get hot except theres probably a huge aluminum block attached to it...