SATA DVD burners

Don't know how many options you have other than the Plextor, but why bother when the E-IDE optical drives are cheaper and have the same amount of speed. I would just buy an NEC since their optical drives are fast and great. Just my opinion. Good Luck!

I just got the Plextor 755Sa drive two days ago and I have had no problems with it in my setup yet. I have burned several dvds, including a couple DL dvds without any problems. I got the Plextor because my NEC died on me last week and since that was the only thing I had on IDE I figured I would just go all SATA and see how that worked out. So far so good.

I was looking at the 755sa Plextor drive and saw some problems but it appears it does work with this MB. I will probabaly just go with Eide even though i was trying to go all SATA but cost over preformance might rear its ugly head. Thanks for the input

How is that going to work with a RAID Array? If I have a RAID on the ULI, 2HDD's, can I then add SATA DVD's to the other 2 ULI or the 4SILImage? Just seems like with all the trouble with some of the ULI issues this may cause more problems.

Any info would be great thanks.