Nitro R/C

Guest RohypnoL_merged

Guest RohypnoL

Anyone around here into it? I used to have an Ofna Z10, but it suffered from a horrific crash and It ended up being a very expensive paperweight because Ofna discontinued the Z10 line. It's been nearly two years since then and I've decided that I want to jump back into the Nitro R/C Boat, so to speak. I plan on getting an Ofna CD3 Pro RTR because it comes with all the goodies to get me started back up.

Anyway, to the point. Once I get this CD3, one of my buddies and I, along with a few teams/people from his favorite R/C Forum, RC Dori, are going to hold a meet in the Baltimore, MD. Would anyone around this area be interested in grabbin your stuff and travelin' a few miles for this one? We've slammed the date down on the calendar for consideration and as of now, it seems to be April 7th, 2007. It's in spring of next year, so quite a way away, but, we've got lots of things to cover before then. April 7th is a SATURDAY, for everyone that's wondering if you could free up some time on the day. I say day meaning ALL day. Early mornin to late in the night, folks! Bring lots of nitro/batteries!

This meet will mainly be a drift meet but if we can grab hold of some transponders, we'd love to toss some racing action in there too. Electrics are welcome. Infact, I think with it being a drift meet and everything, most people will being electrics anyway.

No they dont go up in fireballs lol.

I run a MGT With:

Hardcore Racing Chassis skids

LRP .28 Spec 2 Engine

Associated Aluminum Steering Assembly

Proline PowerStroke Shocks

RPM A-Arms all around

Robodisc brake disc

and a bunch of other stuff

Don't think I can make it to your race lol.

-Will

i had an old school rc10gt, ofna OB4, schumacher (cant remember the name, but it was a supersize 1/10th scale with .21 engine in it)..

the rc10gt was tons of fun until i found on road, which i then bought the schumacher. it would go 0-40 in like less then 2 seconds (said so on the box..so i thought hell lets try it out)...it was damn fast and i noticed it didnt have a bumper..lets just say this is the only r/c car ive ever seen that can do wheelies.

then the OB4 was a blast..came stock with all carbon fiber chassi/2speed/steel CVDs (dogbones), adjustable shocks, different types of shock oil (different viscosities)..got everything setup PERFECTLY..till i was running a track in the local DMV (they let us use it on the weekends, till some assclown broke one of their signs), and a serpent jumped over the firehose track we made, and crashed into me HEAD ON..my car went into the air..and lets just say..cheaper to buy a new car then to repair it...

havent touched r/c since.

Guest RohypnoL
the rc10gt was tons of fun until i found on road, which i then bought the schumacher. it would go 0-40 in like less then 2 seconds (said so on the box..so i thought hell lets try it out)...it was damn fast and i noticed it didnt have a bumper..lets just say this is the only r/c car ive ever seen that can do wheelies.

Wow, really? You know there's the T-Maxx. Its slogan is "Wheelies on Command" or something of the like.