Momma's Word of the Day (check first post every day!)

momma

Just a great thread momma!

If I could make one small request please.

Could you give us the phoentic pronounciation of some of the earlier difficult words?

I know I will be struggling with "paraskavedekatriaphobia" and "Floccinaucinihilipilification" for quite some time :)

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a great thread momma!

If I could make one small request please.

Could you give us the phoentic pronounciation of some of the earlier difficult words?

I know I will be struggling with "paraskavedekatriaphobia" and "Floccinaucinihilipilification" for quite some time :)

Sure I will do that from now on with the bigger ones.

You say floccinaucinihilipilification like

this

FLOK-sih-noh-see-NEE-hee-lee-PEE-lih-fih-KAY-shun

You say paraskavedekatriaphobia like this: pê-ræs-kê-vey-dê-kæ-tri-ê-'fo-bi-yê

it is your duty to oblige the common courtesy of not swearing in front of the elderly... (in theme of the hot topic of the day *why do people swear/cuss/etc")

shanghai'd lol now THATs a new word..........

man, boring days in the office sometimes feel like im being shanghai'ed to dilbert's comic strip..................

were very obliged that you keep this thread going and continue putting up with our corny jokes

I am just glad that at least some oblige me by participating and not just letting it sit there each day with no replies. Sometimes I feel pretty useless and out of it around here being that I am with the big mouth (AG) who can articulate much better than I in one of his 10,000 word posts. Anyways, thanks for making me feel appreciated :).

useless?

ur kidding? ur kidding right....?

this is one of the top 5 most-useful-for-real-life thread here in dfi-street..........

dont worry bout people who doesnt reply... they just cant. (oh yeah, here comes the replies now lol)

Sometimes I feel pretty useless and out of it around here being that I am with the big mouth (AG) who can articulate much better than I in one of his 10,000 word posts.
Well ok, now I feel obliged to post in this thread and an obligation to show other I have some grasp of the English language. :D

If the powers of perception are attributed largely to women, then I must be the exception.

When the missus walks in from the hairdressers and im posting more crap on dfiST I perceive quite quickly that if don't mention how nice she looks, I'll get a clip round the ear.

Also when she asks if i think she is getting fat I perceive that not changing the subject briskly would eventually end in tears, most probably mine.

As you may perceive by this post she is not in the room! lol

If the powers of perception are attributed largely to women, then I must be the exception.

When the missus walks in from the hairdressers and im posting more crap on dfiST I perceive quite quickly that if don't mention how nice she looks, I'll get a clip round the ear.

Also when she asks if i think she is getting fat I perceive that not changing the subject briskly would eventually end in tears, most probably mine.

As you may perceive by this post she is not in the room! lol

You have very good perception ;)