Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

red930

Anybody seen any benchmarks/articles with the AMD based system for this game? The only article that i can find is based on Intel's new processor Core 2 X6800. Yes, the demo is out but just curious how it will do on an Opteron 165 @2.6GHz | 2Gb G.SKILL @260Mhz | 7900GT @700/1700. If there is any thoughts or comments i'd be appreciated thank you.

Anybody here seen any benchmarks with an AMD based system on this game? The only article that i can find is based on Intel's new processor Core 2 x6800. Yes, the demo is out but just curious how it will do on an Opteron 165 @2.6GHz that's all. If there is any thoughts or comments i'd be appreciated thank you.

I think it ran fine a 2.8 dual core, I see no reason why you'd have any problems, specially since you have a better video card than I did. Is there an actual benchmark built into the game? I can have a buddy run it on his 2.8 + 7900GT.

Okay, what settings are you using there CHIEF? 1280x1024 Max Settings w/HDR 4XAA|8XAF is what i want! Now when you say raped, do you mean rape rape or wellingly raped? :)

Technodanvan,

It would be nice if you had your buddy run some benchmarks on 1280x1024 HDR + 4XAA/8XAA or 1280x1024 HDR 2XAA/16XAF. If you can please verify his complete system specs for me as well (CPU, RAM, GFX, drivers). :}

im downloading the demo now ;) but i doubt they have all the settings available on the demo version.....

rumours: company of heroes is more of demanding than this becoz this game is based on optimized HL2 wit HDR, tats it (altho it looks very pretty!)... and i play COH with all possible settings to the max at 1280x1024 and average about 30 - 80 fps........ averagge about 67 according to fraps while playing the 5th or 6th mission.............

Okay, thanks for the comments. I'll give it a shot on the 7900GT, and on my X1900XT that i just got back from an RMA. :)

OFF TOPIC: The X1900XT replacement card that i got back is tweaked (bent), is that an issue? It boots up fine, at least for now. I e-mailed them and sent them some pictures, GD Sapphire.

img0040me9.th.jpg

img0041ki1.th.jpg

Thats weird !! Me personally I would demand a different card...But thats me!

And as for you're question goes I have no issues running the demo whatsoever at full blast!

I did it when the demo first hit the scene because my friend said lets see how good you're rig relly is because this game will tell ya how bad butt you're system relly is. SO I said F@@ck it and let her rip!

But I gotta tell ya that is one game I am relly excited about and probably the best game I have ever played as short as it was I DIG IT!!! I will be in line to but that MOFO when it hits the street!

Technodanvan,

It would be nice if you had your buddy run some benchmarks on 1280x1024 HDR + 4XAA/8XAA or 1280x1024 HDR 2XAA/16XAF. If you can please verify his complete system specs for me as well (CPU, RAM, GFX, drivers). :}

I'll talk to him today and see if he's up for it. Specs below -

Lanparty Ultra-D

3800+ X2 (non-overclocked :rolleyes:)

Zalman CNPS-7700Cu

XFX 7900GT

2x1GB OCZ DDR500 (last kit newegg had, suckers)

Fortron Epsilon 600 watt PSU

2x Hitachi 80GB drives Raid-0

Yeah, I put it together for him, should be the posterchild for DFI street....seems a lot of people are going for very similar builds...wish he'd let me teach him to overclock it though, at LEAST to 2.5. Maybe I'll just do it sometime and see if he notices.

played the demo today...its awesome :D definitely a must buy...

but... by default, my system as noted at my sig down there, has about 7-8 settings high, but 2-3 settings medium, no AA, no AF. thats at 1280x1024.

so i played it, its beautiful, played around 40 - 80fps.... fun...too short.. but its a demo oh well...

then i tried same resolution, 4xAA (6xAA option is there! but i dont wanna overkill), 16xAF, all settings HIGH (including HDR)... and wow, its playable, but it could dip below 30 everynow and then... and the whole gameplay averaged about 40-ish... defintely not a fun experience....

*sigh... time for another 7900GT to make SLI? :)