Need help removing chipset fan on NF4 Ultra-D

tail

I successfully removed the fan from the motherboard, but whatever is left behind is stuck on the chipset. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I've tried to heat it up with a hair dryer and tried rubbing isopropyl alcohol and acetone with no luck. I've been using the board for over a year.

I use Acetone but after that long it requires a bit of work!

The best thing you can do is have it running for a while then power down and drain the compcitors and make sure all the power is discharged and then have a go at it . warm goop is a hell of allot easier to remove than cold goop!

I use Acetone but after that long it requires a bit of work!

The best thing you can do is have it running for a while then power down and drain the compcitors and make sure all the power is discharged and then have a go at it . warm goop is a hell of allot easier to remove than cold goop!

I was hoping the hair dryer would help it warm up, but it didn't seem to have any affect on it after using it for about two minutes. I don't want to power up machine since I already removed the fan.

Dude be sensible put the fan back on and reinstall it, or do the bare minimum install deal and let it heat up the way it should. Then follow what I said to do. If you have artic clean use that I myself dont have any working experience with that stuff but I am sure that it rocks if its made by artic silver! But shoot why not give her a try before doing what I suggested it may work ya never know.

Dude be sensible put the fan back on and reinstall it, or do the bare minimum install deal and let it heat up the way it should. Then follow what I said to do. If you have artic clean use that I myself dont have any working experience with that stuff but I am sure that it rocks if its made by artic silver! But shoot why not give her a try before doing what I suggested it may work ya never know.

I'm worried the chipset will overheat if I plug it back in. The fan isn't working at all, so I'm not sure if putting the fan back on will help anything, plus I managed to get some of the TIM off the fan with a lot of work. Should I still power it on? I just picked up some ArctiClean so I'm going to give that a shot.

ArctiCleaner didn't seem to do anything, so I guess powering it up seems to be my last hope. I have a new fan that I can just place on top of the chipset and power on, but I'm still concerned about frying the chipset.

Tail,

I routinely use Rosinol lighter fluid to remove all types of TIM from various computer components. It will cut through about anything, it isn't conductive, and when properly cleaned up leaves absolutely no residual whatsoever.

Good luck.

Tail,

I routinely use Rosinol lighter fluid to remove all types of TIM from various computer components. It will cut through about anything, it isn't conductive, and when properly cleaned up leaves absolutely no residual whatsoever.

Good luck.

If isopropyl alcohol, acetone, and ArctiClean had nearly no affect on the TIM, do you think lighter fluid will help? (I'm not being sarcastic, I'm actually asking). Heating it up seems like it would work, but I just don't want to fry it.