DFI ultra-d system won't turn on anymore

i turned it off in windows. now it won't turn back on. ive turned it off and on fine for months. the standby light is on. does that mean something? i tried resetting the cmos and it did nothing. the powersupply just wont go on. any ideas?

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am having the same problem again.

I followed the flash bios procedure that you linked to back when i started this thread. that worked. now its a month later. my comp froze. and it won't turn on again. i tried just taking out the battery, putting it back in , and power came on for a split second

i tried the whole procedure again, but the orange led on the motherboard just gets bright for a second, but nothing happens. was my motherboard just slowly dying? i know for a fact its not my PSU because ive tested it.

You mean the CMOS clear producers?

Then do it again. Then test your stability.

Test your memory by enabling memtest in the BIOS and test #5 and #8 for 15-20 passes each. Then do all tests for 20 passes. Test the memory in the orange slots. This is to rule out your memory being an issue.

Then you can do a blend test with Prime95 for 8hr or so this will also test the memory controller and CPU.

Also check out Praz new thread Stability Testing Programs. It is a definitely a winner.

ok im trying the cmos clear for a longer time now. by the rocker, do you mean the black switch with the - and 0? i have that set to 0 while im waiting for cmos to clear. and yea as soon as i get power im going to test for stability. the system was running fine up until now, then it just freezed