Evercool on NF4 with an X1800XT in the first PCI-E slot?

OrphanBoy

Hi there,

I got sick of listening to my X800 so recently plumped for an X1800XT and a waterblock and I've been planning on replacing my motherboard HSF with an Evercool VC-RE for months - so I've decided to change both heat sinks at the same time!

But first can someone with this NB fan comment on how high it is? I've not yet heard a conclusive answer (some say 10mm, others 15mm). The thing is though, the X1800 is seriously tight against the heatsink and I don't wanna pull it all out just to find out that it's one millimetre too deep!

So basically, does it stick out further than the stock one?

Ta guys :)

its about the same height as the VC-RE and your X1800XT will fit and not interfere with it. i had a X1900XT 512 and a VC-RE, both fit without issues.

also there is a search and a loooong thread about the VC-RE.

i agree. i have an x1800xt and a VC-RE, no problems here. in fact, i believe when i switched mine that i noticed that the VC-RE was a couple of millimeters shorter than the stock fan.

according to the specfications tab on the newegg page, the VC-RE is 10mm tall. i just pulled my stock cooler off the shelf and it is 13mm tall.