I made a HUGE mistake....

ok... so i have a possible solution to get my data back, however i dont know what to do about my network adapter issue. Reading forum post leads me to believe a BIOS flash will fix the problem however, should i retrieve my lost data first before I flash my BIOS? any thoughts on how to fix my Nvidia Network Adapter?

you can get some data back (very hard once master+backup table been overwriten, special software is needed,

2. and data thats in the same spot as when newly be writen oven (on top) is gone.

3. you can recover whats in the blank spots of you know new index table.

4 it would have been easier if you lost power while formating..

i dont know if this will help, bnecause it uses the new index table to rebuild structure,

chkdsk /f /r -may work, dont know..

i use the above command to rebuild hdd if partition magic fail/resize lockup etc..

you know...

i have been here over a year or so...And I have read countless threads on dying Lan ports or losing conection and what not.. more so alot of complaints about how much aggrevation and sooo much time consumed about getting it working...

Now I am not trying to be a smart butt or anything and I am definately NOT the sharpest tool in the shed...

But....

Has anyone just by chance thought of just putting a simple PCI nic card in and running off that...

Hell a cheap 3Com card works wonders... problem solved...

heck thats what people do when onboard video/sound sucks... by a card...problem solved...

I smell deletion....

I am not venting at anyone..but putting a cheap card in may have gotten you past all the aggrevation you have now...as you wouldnt have it...

i think its more the principle behind it - alot of ppl have spend a reasonable amount of hard earned cash & so it really isnt too much to ask to have a complete working mobo without having to buy more things

PS dr bowtie - i like ur avatar: SPONGEBOB RULZ

This is true...

I am the kind of person that buys something and expects it to work and fully work... but for me and my luck there is always something wrong with everything I buy... never fails...

even my current rig....the 1st batch of ram was boogered... now I am good to go....

Spongebob...??? what..??? I watch that and have nere seen that dude on there... but thanks...

I like it but.... I did not know it was from spongebob....Just H_G's way of picking on me... which is cool...

Yep, use GetDataBack, great for this kind of stuff, even if you have a new MBR or other things like that, it will recover a lot of it.

so am i going to need another HD to do this? or will be able to retrieve my data from my D partition and put it back on my D partition?

In truth in any situation like this you will get many condolences and what ifs and that is a fact...WHAT is real is that for every time your turn on turn off that machine and keep dorking with it...THE LESS IS YOUR CHANCE FOR DATA RECOVERY...and for sure the less data you will recover...PERIOD. And then you ask why? Because every time you boot or dink around an application is having its files loaded into and out of memory and then resaved/rewritten back to the drive when not used or turned off and restarted and those files never go back to the same spot or hardly ever. It is WHY a drive becomes fragged in the first place.

Back up a few posts it was mentioned that a cheap Nic card would have saved this problem and with that I do too agree. I also agree that humans are humans and flawed. By GAWD I got my money in this SOB and it better freeeken work. Famous last words often and what I say just before a major catastrophe at times. An add in Nic is almost always a better unit than an onboard one because the good add-in Nics take care of most of their own processing instead of having to rely on the cpu. I have gotten into the habit of sticking an add in Nic card to all my systems that must do daily net duty in a "have to" manner. It just makes sense to me... Oh gawd I am well aware of the 'SOB was paid for syndrome', but there are many things that folks that must use a computer for other than gaming just have a second sense about. But then I have been hawkish for years on what in hale windows is doing to my drive when installing and where installing. All my data is on a separate drive that is NEVER attached to the computer when installing windows. Just a habit I guess.

A couple of the proggies mentioned can retrieve data alright but whenever I have had to fall back on such procedure, I have removed the affected drive. Loaded windows to another hard drive and "only" then has the dorked drive been allowed to boot again after the disaster and the windows drive doing the booting has to be large enough to easily hold whatever data is able to be scarfed off the dorked drive. It takes a lot of room to pull those randomly named recovery files to safety...or so has been my experience. Good luck to you and if you want as much data recovered as is possible...I suggest you get off that drive now...

RGone...:confused:

so am i going to need another HD to do this? or will be able to retrieve my data from my D partition and put it back on my D partition?

I don't know GetDataBack, but yes, you wil need at least another partition. See my PM.

getdataback saved me once from the fury of a costumer:cool:

she forget to tell me that besides the 10g of crap in "my docs" she had about 500 photos in the shared docs

the past 5 years of her life....sons birth..trip around the world.....etc

with getdataback i was able to save 383 pics.....not bad after a full format and a clean install of windows

u will have to buy the program to be able to save the data recovered....

and you will need you drive as slave in another rig to work

good luck