Sign in to follow this  
Programer1

recommand me to slinet and reliable case fans...

I use the acoustifan dustproof ones, not the 120's but the 80's but they do make 120's.

virtually silent to my earholes but they are expensive, im in the uk and paid about 17 quid for each one and i got 4!

they run a bit slower so there quieter but they do still cool my rig really well

Most Deltas tend to be loud high-performance types. The do make some quieter ones, but I doubt that they are anywhere near silent.

Have you thought about purchasing a fan controller? I use a Zalman MFC-1 - Four channels w/variable knobs @ 4-12v, plus two switches with 5v, off, or 12v.

I use the acoustifan dustproof ones, not the 120's but the 80's but they do make 120's.

virtually silent to my earholes but they are expensive, im in the uk and paid about 17 quid for each one and i got 4!

they run a bit slower so there quieter but they do still cool my rig really well

got a link? also can you hear them in a silent room?

However I got away from NMB (panaflo) as they have higher mechanical noise, which is slightly irritating at close proximity.

how close?

Go Yate, Nexus or Scythe, you won't be dissapointed. Delta, Sunon and NMB have some issues, and are not as smooth overall.

Contrary to popular belief, the D12SL-12 from Yate Loon is the exact same fan as the Nexus 120mm. However the Yate has a higher top rpm level (1350) vs the nexus (1000), which accounts for its slightly higher output and noise. Overall both are great fans, but the Yate @ any voltage is not as quiet as the Nexus, and airflow differences are negligible. I would buy the Nexus and jumper it down to 7V.

I reccomend a fan mate, or, for several fans, the Vantec NXP-205/305 (3.5/5.25") is great. 4 channels should cover all the case fans you could want to control.

just found a Yate Loon D12SL-12 120mm Silent Fan w/ RPM Sensor will it do what I'm expecting it to ?

That or the Nexus are the safest bet you can go with. You wont find anything significantly quieter in the 120MM fans or more consistant. there are a few that make a little noise but unless something is wrong it is rarly much. I have tried 15 of them and only 1-2 made noise notacable bearing noise even that was not bad at all.

i would post a link z0de but i didnt think that it was allowed on this forum to post links to other company's or have i got that completely wrong? =]

Sign in to follow this