recommand me to slinet and reliable case fans...

Programer1

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to buy 3 120mm case fans I want them to be effective and yet silent.

At a reasonable price :) ...

The led and uv light doesn't matter but if it's there that's ok.

I'm not very familiar with case fans so please help :rolleyes:

Thanks...

I'm currently using some of the Arctic Cooling FDB case fans, good stuff, quiet but no rpm sensing wire if you need that. I know Scythe also makes some quiet fans. Look for Fluid Dynamic Bearing fans as they should give the most airflow / longest life / and quietest operation.

I am very picky about fans... I run exclusively Nexus fans in both my cases, though I have recently got a couple Scythe fans which are also quite nice. I use an mCubed on the CPU (Ultra-120), since it offers slightly better performance at a reasonable sound level.

Here's a little break-down:

Silent

- Nexus 'Real Silent' (7v)

- Scythe S-Flex SFF21D (12v)

Almost Silent

- Scythe S-Flex SFF21E (7v)

- Nexus 'Real Silent' (12v)

Highest Performance / Reasonably Quiet (for CPU, generally)

- mCubed X12 (7v)

- Papst 4412F/2GLL (7v)

NB: The Scythe fans have the smoothest sound of any fan I have ever heard... holding them up to my ear, all I can hear is the 'whoosh' of air, with no mechanical noise of any kind. Even the Nexus fans have a slight 'clicking' noise (but this is unnoticeable except at extreme-close proximity). However the Scythe's performance is always a notch below the Nexus at the same noise level.

In my P180 cases, I use 4x Nexus 120mm case fans @ 7V, and the mCubed @ 7V on the CPU. The mCubed fans are great - but atrociously expensive and nearly impossible to find! I added the Papst fan in there as an alternative - it shares the same butter-smooth noise as the Scythe's, and gives slightly better performance (and is slightly louder) than the mCubed.

I would also invest in a few Zalman fanmates, a rheobus or similar - this will allow you to fine tune the airflow in your system to find the best combination of noise and temperature.

Peace.

EDIT: I also reccomend anti-vibe fan mounts or "grommets" - these reduced the perceived fan noise from my rig quite a bit.

whats the thoughs on the panflo's from dorothy bradbury
They carry the FB-120-L1A which is a 120x38mm fan that at 7V is nearly silent and flows buckets of air... I had this on my Big Typhoon for a while and it worked great. But it is quite heavy...

The RB-12025-L is also a great fan - at 12v it is probably best in it's class for flow/noise, and at 7v it's equivalent in performance to the Nexus.

However I got away from NMB (panaflo) as they have higher mechanical noise, which is slightly irritating at close proximity.

Depends on the Airflow. The Yate loon 120mm is actualy a highly desirable fan for quiet cooling The orange kind are more quiet but fragile. The Nesus is a branded verwson and runs a little slower and quieter I have a ton of the Yate loub and they are one of the best mix of speed and quiet. The panflow fans are also usualy good but make more noise with the same amount of air flow and have some quality control lissues. Noting serious just some are much quieter than others they are great for moving tons of air but at the cost of noice they also are good for heatercores. Papst are good too.

If silent at 3 feet is the goil the nexus/Yate loub are a great place to start.

I have not heard a sunyon 120 fan but they always seem for have a better balance than most. fan but

so my choices are Nexus or Yate...

i was considered buying a Panaflo earlier but now I changed my mind because of the mechanical noise which really get on my nerves.

I'll look for the yates and nexuses but if anyone has another opinion please post.

thanks everyone...