3/8" & 1/2" ID Pros and Cons?

WintersFury

With that many blocks in the loop the D5 is your best option. 7/16 tubing would be fine as the ports in the fittings themselves are almost 7/16" so there is no loss in flow. The water in the loop will only flow what the most restrictive component in the loop will allow and that will be the CPU block because of the accelerator nozzles.. The single inlet, dual oulet blocks do not perform any better than single in single out blocks these days. A TDX with a little experimenting with accelerator nozzles to match up with your system will perform just as well as the RBX.

Danger Den TDX, even with one inlet, and one outlet, will perform the same or better than the RBX block.

Hmmm... I dunno, I still like it hehehe. And when I do get crossfire cards it'll let me run a seperate feed into each card so I'm not feeding one the others hot water. Not sure if it's really a big plus.

But mainly like the look of the dual output block. Would be cleaner with less tubes if I used a single though. Meh, I have time to figure it out.

Still a great block, the RBX. And, your idea about feeding each card, logically, makes sense.

Only reason I planed on doing it with a feed to each card is cause they keep making more and more heat. Thinking about how fast the water moves through a system I'm not sure if it would really have much of an impact on cooling though. The theory is sound at least, but we all know that theory and reality don't always mesh. :D And the next gen of cards might be cooler (which I doubt) so I may have to worry less about how much heat their generating.

That theory has been tested 100's of times and found to be false. Same holds true for where the components are located in the loop.

On another note, using the RBX and splitting the hoses to each card has some aesthetic appeal to it and that is also important so I think it would be a good idea and should come out looking just as well as it performs..

Like many have said the size of the tubing really makes little difference...I prefer 1/2 its an easy fit on pumps and waterblocks...but 7/16 works and 3/8 is just fine...

What really makes the biggest difference is the ambient temps...the temps of the air being pulled across the radiator seem to always make the biggest difference when trying to get the fairly low temps...

Keep your case in a fairly cool environment and it will keep everything nice and cool no matter what tubing or water block you use...