Kicked off school network

UncleDavid218

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called and left a message

I'll keep trying until 3:00PM when they close

Too bad you're in High School. Atleast when I was in High School, if I did something like that, they'd plan on Crucifying me right in the middle of the Lunch Room.

Unfortunately, it seems School Faculty seem to really blow . out of proportion some times.

Although, in ways you can see where they are coming from (not saying that you don't however).

From reading your previous posts and reading this thread, you do seem like a decent person and you do regret the things that you've done. Unfortunately, I doubt this is going to end with a slap on the wrist. This could go as high as Suspension and loss of computer/network access at school.

Sorry this is happening to you, and I hope it works out for the best. As a lot of us see it here, you weren't trying to do anything harmful. Sadly, I doubt they will see it that way.

One thing you can be proud of however, is that you were smart enough to work around the network security of your HS (Which to me sounds a little lacking).

I agree cmay, no matter how sincere I am I'll still get punished pretty severely. Oh well, that's nobody elses fault but my own

They're still not answering the phones...

Don't get too worked up about it though. Whatever happens, happens tommorow. Still try to enjoy today instead of worrying about what's going to happen tommorow.

Have you told your parents about what has happened? I'd make them aware about it, sometimes parents can deliver really good advice and calm you down (atleast it worked that way for me).

Goodluck to you. :)

A friend (forestorm here at the forums, he stayed home sick as well) called me today at 9:30 saying my other friend called him from class and had overheard a conversation

So I'm waiting to tell my mom till she gets home from work... but of course she'll hear hacking and be like OMFG@$%#%^$%^ YOU'RE GETTING PEOPLES BANK ACCOUNTS!@?!@#!@#

lol

All she knows about computers is I spend too much money on them and they're loud ;)

I'm not worried at all, but if I get my network privileges taken away for the rest of my years here, well, that would suck!

this is exactly what is wrong with kids today and adults also

this is weak minded, and is classless

real, mature human beings will fess up BEFORE confrontation, and real mature human beings who have a shred of decency will ask for permission and if denied, they will ACCEPT it

Uncle David: next time don't go breaking rules. You knew better than to do what you did. Fess up, and accept your punishment as a mature, responsible man who will accept his fate for his actions.

I agree. If you wait untail they confront you (lookes it look like you are trying to hide it) they will be harder on you (imo). If you go admit to them that you screwed so it dosn't look like you are hiding it they might be easer on you.

It take a big man to admit some thing when confronted about it but it takes a bigger man to admit it before he get confronted.

I agree with the "confess before you get found out" thing...

OK I'm only 15 and so have a limited knowledge of life lol, but if I do something wrong I more often than not fess up 'cos it lets people know that you know you have done something wrong and that you are willing to take responsibility... rather than trying to hide away from it and hoping it all blows over, which may not be what you're doing but it may look like that to others

EDIT: wahey thanks everyone who gave me good rep. for whatever, much appreciated :)

From his post it seemed like he was already found it, so to me it's smarter to "confess" than to wait to be accused if you know the accusation will inevitably come.

Now if it wasn't traced than ethics come into play.

So you are going on second hand information, haven't been confronted with anything, and are about to confess to hearsay.

You are innocent until PROVEN guilty, get the information first hand before you do anything, whoops too late.

I wouldn't worry about it.