Can a X2 4200 OC stable over 2.7 ?

expresso

hi - thanks - i belieave i tried that already - even at 3x and multi x9 with fsb at 300 -- it didnt boot into windows - i belieave - maybe i try it again

i put my stable max settings first from reloaded - and then make the other changes - and see how it works - right now i am in the middle of trying to find a new case - something nice - with a window that i can add watercool too - and clean up my wires better - i cant use a full tower - too big for my desk - and i dont like the coolermaster that everyone talks about on here - i just dont like how it looks in the front

so plain - reminds me of the days i working in the IT dept - all plain towers - too boring - if you have any ideas on good nice cases

thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if i run my system at my max speed - 2.75 - i have to use 1.5v

my temps are below 50c while using the computer for basic things

i dont know excatly but at full load - the cpu does get to 49c to 51c

around there - the board goes a bit higher - the chip gets close to 50c

maybe 48c - right now i am using it at 2.6 and 1.4v and much cooler this way - cpu is around 32c pwmic is 40c and chip 45c

well if i run my system at my max speed - 2.75 - i have to use 1.5v

my temps are below 50c while using the computer for basic things

i dont know excatly but at full load - the cpu does get to 49c to 51c

around there - the board goes a bit higher - the chip gets close to 50c

maybe 48c - right now i am using it at 2.6 and 1.4v and much cooler this way - cpu is around 32c pwmic is 40c and chip 45c

Have you tried using a programme called "Core Temp"

http://www.thecoolest.zerobrains.com/forum...topic.php?t=137

It apparently gives you a "better" CPU temp readout i.e. more accurate, but I and others have doubts.

Idle Smart Guardian gives me 29C for CPU while Core temp gives me both core temps as being 44 and 34 C, so much higher there, and load Smart Guardian gives me 40C and Core Temp gives me 60/52C for each core.

What does it read for you? Do you have a big difference between Core 0 and core 1?

Also are you dual priming that CPU? http://sp2004.fre3.com/beta/beta2.htm

yes i dual prime -- but i dont have any idea how i would know what each core's temp is - i have smart installed and use that - of course the bios is close to my smart temps - and i can also use pc wizard to show the temps - i dont have pc wizard installed now - i seen someone with a different looking smart guardian - light blue - but cant find it to download - would you know where i can get that one - looks nicer

I used to have similar probs booting and getting into windows but I think it was due to me leaving the HT multi on Auto.

I'm running 3d06 at 320:9 x3 2880mhz - 1.50vcore with load temps up to 55/56C -seems to be ok.

Bet I won't be able to get 2xPrime running though :-(

hi - i just did it - and it does show the cores a bit higher than what smart shows the cpu in general -

so its off by a few C -- but smart just shows the overall cpu -

maybe the cores itself are a bit hotter - who knows - what does your case say - also is that what the case temp is at current ?

mines says 65 C temp max for the case - but i cant see my case being that hot inside -

• 3 weeks later...

Just so you guys know I'm pretty sure that the Cores themselves are hotter than the overall CPU hence why the CPU temp says one thing and the Core0/Core1 temps say something different. Everest monitoring is the same way, except it gives you all three. CPU, Core0 Diode and Core1 Diode.

And if you want to be pretty much gaurenteed against frying your chip, best thing to do is to get liquid cooling (if you're not wanting phase cooling) and maybe pop the IHS. I personally wouldn't be able to stomach removing my IHS or I'd probably be getting 3G outta my FX-60 by now.