Corsair 620w & 520w power supply previews/reviews (merged)

Angry_Games

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice review THunDA.

Loved the MBM5 and the DVM measurements at Idle and Load

How about fan noise? Quiet?

Does the fan speed up and down depending on temps?

How many molex, pci-e, floppy, and SATA plugs?

Got me all pumped up man. Let us know more details after playing BF2.

Thanks guys !

The fan is pretty quiet in my opinion I dont hear it over the rest of my fans so thats good for me.. Its definitly quieter then my pc power 1kw power supply which I think it going to be up for sale soon..lol.. Its just overkill and waaaay more then I'll ever need..

With the little bit that I did run prime I havent heard the fan change at all. I also edited my first post with some of the specs (how many cables).. I cant believe I forgot that but its there now..hehe

I haven't had as good of an experience with that perticular power supply, first one was DOA, second one had a nick in the fdd power cable, and it melted, but save from that, it works great. And corsair was great with their RMA service, they paid shipping both ways and sent it overnight air via oops.

ps: the cables are fantastic, except that the only "protection" is the insulation, no mesh sleeves. Just be careful if when you route the cables around sharp corners, or by sharp memory heatsinks on gfx cards. I'll surely get another corsair (made by silverstone) psu in the future.

Great PSU,

--Fenix

I haven't had as good of an experience with that perticular power supply, first one was DOA, second one had a nick in the fdd power cable, and it melted, but save from that, it works great.
Well sometimes we all have bad luck.. Ive been there and done that before, its nice to know that the customer service was top notch.. To me that means alot.
ps: the cables are fantastic, except that the only "protection" is the insulation, no mesh sleeves. Just be careful if when you route the cables around sharp corners, or by sharp memory heatsinks on gfx cards. I'll surely get another corsair (made by silverstone) psu in the future.
I guess your right, but its not like they are less protected then any regular un-sleeved power supply.. you should always take care when routing wires whether they are sleeved or not..

Thanks for your input !