Bigfoot network killer NIC

Guest DaddyD302_merged

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just about to post the same thread lol.

The newegg reviews gave it the thumbs up, only complaining about the price. But I ave also heard that it can increase your ping instead of lowering it. If this tech actualy works then I cant wait to see the day when this is a standard peice of onboard equitment. But then again how many heatsinks is one person willing to have on their mobo? :D

get yourself a nice $30-$50 Intel Pro or 3Com network card with onboard controller

they are the only NIC cards I use in my lab rigs for everyday use (more reliable, better throughput, less cpu useage, etc than any integrated network controller)

Hmmmmm less cpu usage???? I'd never thought of that aspect.

I refuse to run onboard sound because it sucks up cycles.... going to have to investigate further to see if it'd be worth my while to use up my second pci slot for nic......

Thanks for the suggestion!

Guest DaddyD302
get yourself a nice $30-$50 Intel Pro or 3Com network card with onboard controller

they are the only NIC cards I use in my lab rigs for everyday use (more reliable, better throughput, less cpu useage, etc than any integrated network controller)

Hmmmm never knew that. Guess time to go buy 3Com NIC.

Guest DaddyD302

Is this any good? I'm just curious because my time on the computer is always off. I constanly have to adjust it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16833105123

Update:well since no one answered me, I'm assuming you're all have a life, unlike me, I went ahead and bought this at Circiuty City. At first it acted weird, like it wouldn't download anything. Then I closed FF and open it up and again, and downloaded the Logictech G5 software, and got some insane speed, like 9M, I usually only see 5M on the download, of course it kept going down till it got to 5M, but I was shock it went that high. Gonna run some download benchmarks, and gaming and see how it goes.

Update: seems the same in game and download. Web seems to surf faster.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Netgear-Gig...roductDetail.do

• 2 months later...

[sarcasm]This topic should be in the git deaks sectuin because the price on the bigfoot is out of this world. [sarcasm]

anyways I just put in the Intel Pro 1000T server adapter PCI card I got from work. Cannot tell any difference but it's probably using less CPU cycles or something