Sign in to follow this  
bchivers

Can't get PCI-EX vid card to work.

Just installed a knew mbo(Ultra-d) and finally got it working the only problem is that my x1800gto (DVI monitor) won't work. I have to use a PCI card and an analogue monitor.

I had a similar problem with an AGP board a few years back. I found that the problem was that it was set to boot pci for graphics card. Perhaps yours got changed to something other than PEG1.

That's the only thing I can think of.

try the RGB instead of the DVI even if its with the converter thing, this happened to my friend the monitor wouldn't pick up frequency when in DVI i'm not sure why just try it

I had it set to PCI-EX before I switched cards but now I can't get into the bios(no post).

Does the card work in another system? And by that statement do you mean you had a different card in the system then switched it for the x1800? If that's the case, you may just want to try a cmos clear, it'll fix a lot of strange problems it seems.

Does the card work in another system? And by that statement do you mean you had a different card in the system then switched it for the x1800? If that's the case, you may just want to try a cmos clear, it'll fix a lot of strange problems it seems.

The card was in this system before I just swapped the mbo. When it didn't work with the knew board I tried 2 other cards. 1 NvIDIA AND ONE ati. The nVidia worked but the ATI didn't. I have cleared the cmos 3 times still have the same problem.