Yellow and Orange ram slots

I have the 3200 pro with 3 3 3 8 timing ... so i got the new one methinks .... anyways my other stick came and PC is running in DUAL channel(so saids CPUZ ), what is the advantage of putting in orange slot over YELLOW ? .... if i can do higher FSB on yellow i might give it a try, trial and error..

PC running nice and kewl today .. cpu 21*c , case 26*c , vid card 37*c .. so happy today

On an initial build you should always put a single stick in the orange slot closest to the top of the m/b. But as you move forward you really need to try both the orange and yellow slots and see which gives you the best stability and performance. In my situation my original setup consisted of my Ultra-D, a 3700 San Diego and OCZ PC3700 Gold. With that hardware my memory wouldn't run in anything BUT the orange slots. Then I switched out my OCZ's for some G.Skill HZ's. Everything else remained the same. Again, my HZ's with the 3700 would only run in the orange slots. Then I swapped out to a X2 4800, but same HZ's and motherboard. When I did that, the only way I got the new CPU to 2.75ghz was to move the memory to the yellow slots. Where they remain to this day.

So, my best advice, if your rig will boot with the RAM in the yellow or orange slots, is to try them both at whatever settings you are trying to run and see which configuration is the most stable and allows for the best overclock.

As a rule of thumb, the post above stating that low voltage memory should be run in orange, and high voltage memory should be run in the yellow slots is fairly valid in my experience.