Yellow and Orange ram slots

I have an 64 freezer pro and it is taking up my other orange ram slot,

I currently have one gig of ram in orange slot ( orange slot farest away from cpu)

If i add another stick of ram and put it in the YELLOW slot next to my Orange slot

(DDR CHANNEL A , DDR 1 and DDR 2 )

will it be a bad idea ?

:confused:

Well, you'd be running in single channel then which effectively would reduce your potential bandwidth by a half.

But...

If you didn't purchase both sticks as a kit anyways, you probably don't even want to try tunning them in dual channel, as you would probably have a helluva fight on your hands.

I'd say your best bet is to sell your current stick (assuming you purchaseed it as a single stick, not in a kit) and buy a 2x1GB kit, then try using the yellow slots.

I buy another 1gb ram(same make,same model,same timming), remove current 1gm ram from orange slot ...

Put both 1gm ram(corsair xms3200pro) into yellow slot(s)

when i think 2x1gb kit ... i think 2 piece of ram with same make,model,and timing

or am i wrong ?:confused:

If I buy the exact same 1gb ram i already have

same make,same timing ...

and place both in yellow slot will it work, or have a chance of working ?

(when i think 2x1gb memory kits, i think 2 same ram,same timing, basically 2 of the same thing... or am i wrong on this )

1gb is able to :

boot in farest yellow slot (but had blue screen of death later on)

boot in farest orange slot (stable )

I have an 64 freezer pro and it is taking up my other orange ram slot,

I currently have one gig of ram in orange slot ( orange slot farest away from cpu)

If i add another stick of ram and put it in the YELLOW slot next to my Orange slot

(DDR CHANNEL A , DDR 1 and DDR 2 )

will it be a bad idea ?

Hey I had a 64 freezer too. It is big but no problem for me to put ram in both orange slots. Put the fan side towards the ram. Might work for your expert too.

I just took a dremmel to my Freezer Pro,fan is pointing toward rear of case.

I'm using orange slots,didn't have to remove very much,it definitely didn't affect cooling.

I can now swap out sticks in the orange slots w/HSF in place

I have a basic query probably covered already..... but with the Sli-D or any other Nf4 LanParty, why pick yellow over orange or vice versa.. I have upgraded from 2x512 geil value to 2x1Gib Mushkin... which slots should I try and place my RAM in? I`ve also just got a Big Typhoon for the newly delivered ADV4400 to replace the Zalman 7000 and 3700+ so I may encounter fitment problems?

If I buy the exact same 1gb ram i already have

same make,same timing ...

and place both in yellow slot will it work, or have a chance of working ?

(when i think 2x1gb memory kits, i think 2 same ram,same timing, basically 2 of the same thing... or am i wrong on this )

1gb is able to :

boot in farest yellow slot (but had blue screen of death later on)

boot in farest orange slot (stable )

You should be fine with both sticks running in yellow slots.The older 3200 pro was CH-5 memory.What version are your pro's?