Okay P5wdg2 pro in the house, lets see what it can really do..

raju

Ok 1 failure so far, 3hours and 39mins in at 3.78. I guessed it might, so I've set read delay to 7 and hyperpath to disable. If this fails I'll try a little more vcore (which is pobably what it wants) as I thought 1.49-1.5vcore is low for this oc based on the results of other users. Usually requires around 1.53 to 1.55 to get stability...

will keep you guys posted...

regards

Raja

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm rather interested to see the final results. As the board costs about 70% more than the Infinity. I know some of that goes into the wireless and remote and all. But so far it doesn't seem to be worth the price premium if you don't want all the extra features.

bro this thing defintatley has some pedigree....(c'mon Lanparty...)

you know I got away with 1.5vcore on 3.78...

I had to reduce the chipset latency somewhat... but it has potential, no doubt....

378passcg5.th.jpg

now here's the rub, we are at really max safe 24/7 temps at this point. I can go higher in my system, just cause I have the cooling potential, I can add another pump to my loop, to increase the head pressure...

This has suprised even me, 3.78 at 1.5vcore is great, but I do have an ES...

shall I go for more?

regards

Raja

edit btw, all this is from bios, no clockgen or memset....

I'm rather interested to see the final results. As the board costs about 70% more than the Infinity. I know some of that goes into the wireless and remote and all. But so far it doesn't seem to be worth the price premium if you don't want all the extra features.

no it's the P5WDG2 PRO, no remotes my man, it's the workstation board. ATM it's for the guys that must squeeze everything from their cpu's and who have the money and cooling to do so.

Do I think it's the best 975 board so far? Yes I do, if you must run as fast as you can go, if not, the Infinity does a great job at the price point.

someone said soemthing great yesterday on xs

'back in the day when we were running 600mhz cpu's, that extra 200mhz meant a lot. Nowadays, 200mhz means nothing'.

By and large this statement is very true. It's just that for a lot of us the hunger exists to keep pushing.....

regards

Raja

Looking promising, though it probably does help to have an ES processor.

Right now I'm a bit over 2 hours into 365x10, running with 1.600 volts (bios set, no clue what actual is).

I'm really not certain if I'm just reaching the limits of my processor (barring more voltage) or some memory issue as I couldn't run Orthos even with the 533 divider, I have to use the 400.

I still think something is weird with the temps too...Everest (among others) claim 60C but I really don't think thats even close to what it's actual temp is.

Looking promising, though it probably does help to have an ES processor.

Right now I'm a bit over 2 hours into 365x10, running with 1.600 volts (bios set, no clue what actual is).

I'm really not certain if I'm just reaching the limits of my processor (barring more voltage) or some memory issue as I couldn't run Orthos even with the 533 divider, I have to use the 400.

I still think something is weird with the temps too...Everest (among others) claim 60C but I really don't think thats even close to what it's actual temp is.

mind you, max on infinty was around 390-395, so there's not much between ES and stepping 6 retail, my friends have confirmed this....

3.87 was a no go so far. But I have now started fiddling with PCIE freq (have now set to 110mhz), and locked PCI to 33.33, to see if I can give it some more. Going up 10fsb from 3.78, was a little excessive, hopeful and sudden considering I've only had this board since Saturday. At this point I am gonna stick with 5 fsb at a time..

so current progress is playing with this (not even an hour yet, sorry guys), hopefully I can get it through the 8 hours tonight and then the 3dmark at the end...

checkitou5.th.jpg

ok so I had to peg back a little, but this is still damn impressive, 8 hour stability at 3.807ghz, not bad at all, i had vcore at 1.55 (1.58 actual), though I recon it'd do it with less. The board is real polished so the hype is justified amonst the cpu mhz squeezer crew, no bios reboot issues, it just hits the mark every time. Now I need to get hold of the latest beta, as people are reporting higher fsb still and increased memory speeds....

That's my take and may not reflect anyone else's, I hope you found this interesting, cause I certainly did....

3807passzk4.th.jpg