IF YOU HAVE CFX 3200 and unstable..

I ran memtest, the onboard version, for a while and in the first 2 runs I got a total of 16 failures, 12 in the first and 4 in the second, and all errors were in test 7, random something (tired -> bad memory (human that is)). Then I went out for a while, with memtest still running and when I come back it seems my system rebooted and was finishing it's second run, with no errors, until it got to test 7, more errors.

If the system is rebooting while Memtest is running it is totally unstable.

I shrugged it off thinking I would come to that later. This morning I thought I'd check in here and also do a little folding but much to my dismay the puter rebooted after about an hour and after that I couldn't even let f@h run for 10 minutes without the gromac finding something fishy about my work.

Then it was time for Prime95, ran that twice, first run failed in 5 minutes with a rounding error, the second after 3 minutes same error (FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4).

You should not be booting into Windows unless Memtest has been run successfully. Doing so risks corrupting the operating system. Run Memtest test #5 and #8 for 8-10 passes. If no errors run the complete set of tests of 8-10 hours.

Another thing, my HSF doesn't turn on on the first boot and sometimes not even on the second or third boot, wtf could that be?.
Have you set the temperature for the HS fan in the bios? Set turn off and turn on values to the lowest setting.

Edit: Is using winflash safe? Or is there a possibility that I'll be royally screwed?

Never, ever use Winflash. Download Tmod's bios files from this thread. All needed downloads and info is there.

Tmod's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your system is even slightly unstable it can corrupt your BIOS. Also, the bootable CD works as a good recovery tool if you cant boot to windows (but again i dont see the point, if your system is unstable, it doesnt matter if its DOS or WinXP)

• 4 months later...
Yes, memory is in the orange slots.

Its weird because my OCZ 2gb 3200 ram is in slot 1 & 3, the yellow slots and i've had it like that since July last year. I've not really had any problems apart from when windows starts up it used to freeze for 10/15 seconds after which it is fine. My ram is at 5/6 333mhz @ 2.3.2.5 as i am overclocked my 3700 san deigo to fsb 260 = 2.860ghz. I might change them to the Orange slots if it gives me better clocks. Its annoying cos one person says use the orange slots then the other says no its the yellow slots.

I'm still surprised that after 6 months of having this board, I haven't had any problems with it. Especially with the "ULi freezing issue", I'm trying to figure out how plenty of other boards are plagued with this and other issues and mine isn't. What makes this worse is that there's no revisions of this board. Only the original version of this board has been released. All of this doesn't make sense to me. I can only guess I'm one of the lucky ones who got a good board.

I'm here to lend a helping hand to anybody in need of it.:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!! my first post

I´m going crazy, since I have my cfx3200 I have some stability issues, but in about 5 days, Its so inestable, it freezes, reboot, blue screen, randomly, I set the default speed, but it´s the same, I´m not using the ULI, I have the ram in the orange slots. Any idea??

Thanks and sorry for my english (spanish)

gtavoww9.gif