IF YOU HAVE CFX 3200 and unstable..

I just read in the manual that ram in slots 2 & 4 are necessary for better stability. I heard someone say 1 & 3 are stable, but they were wrong. If you have instability and have exhausted all options in bios, try this, then post.

Also, ram timings must be set in bios. Do not set them to auto seeing how the board is too vigirous with all ram. Find the settings it needs, and loosen them a tad.

Thirdly, update bios to 7/28 (only if unstable) and ULI drivers to 2.20.

Lastly, good luck and msg me if you have any more problems. I have experienced every problem with this board and I think I may be able to help.

BuLLetZ

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only got about an hour of gaming in on the CFX. I've been gaming on my expert while I sorted the RAID problem out.

I haven't noticed any stutters or weird happenings when I wasn't using the ULI controller though.

The SIL 3114 is plenty fast enough for any two drive array.

Been cranking pretty hard on this board today. Truly amazing what it will do with memory overclocking. I am looking forward to some very nice results as I get familiar with this board. Not even dissapointed that I had pay 120 bucks for a raid card anymore..

If you wanna stay outta of trouble, just make sure your rig is well ventilated, and that your chipset is staying cool enough. I never had problems with this board, except the SIL, but I then put some quieter fans on my machine, and fudded up the installment of a new chipset cooler, and it literally screwed up my machine and the way this board works for like two months. I put on my noisy, yet useful fans again, and voila, no crashes. Yet, when I turn off my comp, it restarts after like a minute. Trying to figure this one out...

Yet, when I turn off my comp, it restarts after like a minute. Trying to figure this one out...

Sounds like you have a PS2 keyboard and the system set to power on if the keyboards hit in the bios ;) had a mate with a DFI RS482 who was going insane with that, tried a USB keyboard and it all went away, til we found th BIOS setting.

Sounds like you have a PS2 keyboard and the system set to power on if the keyboards hit in the bios ;) had a mate with a DFI RS482 who was going insane with that, tried a USB keyboard and it all went away, til we found th BIOS setting.

nope, the bios setting I bet is correct, as I have seen this (scared me a few times actually lol) when I shut my CFX3200 down.

I have no clue what it is, but if you want it investigated, I would write to [email protected] and try to convince an engineer that it is important to you to resolve this situation.